Talk

Advanced search

URGENT PASSPORT INFO!!!

(17 Posts)
jessicasmummy Mon 21-Mar-05 21:59:26

Does jess need a passport for flying from london to glasgow and does it matter that my passport is still in my maiden name?!

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:00:12

Not sure about Jess, but you are fine so long as you book the ticket in your maiden name.

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:00:38

I think for internal flights you only need photo ID, but what other photo ID will a baby have????

Yorkiegirl Mon 21-Mar-05 22:00:39

Message withdrawn

JanH Mon 21-Mar-05 22:01:38

Your passport should match the name you book under, jm. If you have already booked it under your married name you will probably have to change it and they may well charge you for doing so (as if it's a new person) - depends on the airline I think.

Not sure about id for babies - generally everybody needs photo id even for internal flights though.

JanH Mon 21-Mar-05 22:02:32

If you have other photo id (eg driving licence) under your maiden name then use that.

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:03:47

Who are you flying with?

jessicasmummy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:03:58

easy jet

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:05:27

May 15, 2004
Photo ID on internal UK flights

Ryanair:

"All passengers must present valid photo identification at check-in for all flights.

The only acceptable forms of photo-ID on Ryanair flights are:

* A valid passport
* A valid National Identity Card issued by a European Economic Area (EEA) country (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK (plus Switzerland). Please note that not all EEA countries issue National Identity Cards.
* A valid driving licence with photo (is only acceptable on UK domestic flights and UK-Republic of Ireland-UK routes only)

N.B. Children under 16 years (including infants) travelling with an adult are required to have photo-ID when travelling on flights between European Economic Area (EEA) countries (excluding UK domestic flights and UK-Republic of Ireland-UK routes and German children under 10 using a valid Government issued Kinderausweis travel document). Acceptable photo-ID for children under 16 are: a valid passport or inclusion on the passport of the parent with whom they are travelling; or a valid National Identity Card issued by an EEA country. Only children under 16 travelling with an adult on UK domestic flights or UK-Republic of Ireland-UK routes may travel without photo-ID.

Expired forms of photo-ID will not be accepted for any flight. Failure to present valid photo-ID matching the names on your reservation will result in your being refused check-in without refund."

Easyjet:

"The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services.

Acceptable forms of ID on UK domestic flights are:

A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of two years after expiry
Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
Valid photographic driving licence
Valid armed forces identity card
Valid police warrant card/badge
Valid airport employees security identity pass
A child on parent' s passport is an acceptable form of ID
CitizenCard
Valid photographic firearm certificate
Valid Government-issued identity card
SMART card
Electoral identity card

Acceptable form of non-photographic ID:

Pension Book"

Some petty jobsworths at BMI seem to be demanding to see photo ID, even when BMI's Terms and Conditions clearly state that Photo ID is not required for domestic flights:

"For travel within the UK (including Belfast) there is no requirement to carry photographic ID. For international flights, each passenger must be able to present a passport and passengers travelling to Dublin or Cork must now provide either a passport or another type of photographic identification. Failure to provide the appropriate ID at check-in will render the passenger unacceptable for travel."

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:05:53

Okay Easy Jet (on its own so clearer)

Easyjet:

"The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services.

Acceptable forms of ID on UK domestic flights are:

A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of two years after expiry
Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
Valid photographic driving licence
Valid armed forces identity card
Valid police warrant card/badge
Valid airport employees security identity pass
A child on parent' s passport is an acceptable form of ID
CitizenCard
Valid photographic firearm certificate
Valid Government-issued identity card
SMART card
Electoral identity card

Acceptable form of non-photographic ID:

Pension Book"

LGJ Mon 21-Mar-05 22:06:29

Not sure about the passport, but when we got married, dozy cow in the travel agents booked the honeymoon in DH's name. I had no intention of changing my name post wedding, so was most definitely not going to change my passport. I travelled to Hong Kong and Bali, with a copy of my wedding certificate and had no problems. HTH

jessicasmummy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:06:51

so im all clear as driving license is in my married name, but just concerned about jess.... thanks for the info though - much appreciated!!!

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:08:03

FROM EASY JET WEBSITE

We require all passengers to provide a valid form of photographic ID at check-in on all flights, including domestic services

Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult.

So, Jess should be okay

jessicasmummy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:08:55

hoorah! Thank you all SO much - i can now book the flights! Off on the 10th April and was dreading having to go through passport hell!!!!

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:10:52

I would check with them when booking too.

jessicasmummy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:27:01

its all booked, and confirmed what you have told me when i booked it in the confirmation email.... you lot really are stars!!!

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 22:27:50

Great news

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: