Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Paris?

(16 Posts)
knot Mon 21-Mar-05 13:29:50

If so were is a good place to stay?, looking a mid priced hotel for Dh and me and 8month old but which part of town tostay in?
near the eurostar terminal so easier for transfers or near the river, thansk

Bramshott Mon 21-Mar-05 13:42:41

I'd say near the river is nicest - it's a bit grotty round the Gare du Nord, although I've stayed in the Libertel across the road quite a few times and it's not bad - certainly very convenient. No real tips on good mid-priced hotels, as I can never remember any names, but you could try some chains - like Libertel - who have lots of hotels dotted all around. The best place I stayed was at the Citadines chain of little studio apartments right by the river - St Germain. Again, they've got lots dotted around the city - ink{http://www.citadines.comCitadines I can imagine they'd be great with a baby as you get a little kitchen. You might want something more atmospheric than this though!

Bramshott Mon 21-Mar-05 13:44:05

Sorry, those links didn't really work did they! I'll try again: libertel & citadines

Now why does it do that!

knot Mon 21-Mar-05 13:51:29

thanks look okay are they like the ibis hotels?

Cod Mon 21-Mar-05 13:53:45

Message withdrawn

kikidee Mon 21-Mar-05 13:56:51

I stayed at the Citadine place in St Germain with a group of friends and thought it was great. I was pregnant at the time and remember thinking this would be a great place to come with a child as we had loads of space plus a well-equipped little kitchen and a table and chairs. We had a room for 4 I think which had a separate bedroom with double bed and a pull out bed in the living room. The other girls shared a room for two which was smaller and I can'r remember if it had a kitchen or not. We paid about £75 each for two nights. Total bargain.

Cod Mon 21-Mar-05 13:58:40

Message withdrawn

Bramshott Mon 21-Mar-05 15:15:37

No, nicer than Ibis. More expensive too though.

knot Mon 21-Mar-05 18:50:18

thanks everyone, am off to travel agents to book tomorrow and check availability,

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 21-Mar-05 18:53:47

I stayed in Pigalle (sp) on the same street as the Moulin Rouge. Quite cheap as well.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 21-Mar-05 18:54:40

It was also in good walking distance of the Sacre Couer.

Cod Mon 21-Mar-05 18:54:40

Message withdrawn

knot Tue 05-Apr-05 14:36:40

thanks everyone we've booked and are going - am well excited!.

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 14:39:49

Message withdrawn

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 14:57:31

Le Marais is a good area, we stayed there when I ws pg and were within walking distance of most things,lots of restaurants ( but be careful as in eateries it seems that EVERYONE smokes!)but our hotel room was small.We walked there from Gare du Nord.Can't remember which number arondissement it is, sorry.

knot Wed 06-Apr-05 11:16:18

in a hotel near the tuileries, and we managed to get an upgarde to go 4 star.yipeeee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now