Talk

Advanced search

travelwith9mth old poss jersey???

(8 Posts)
scruff Sat 19-Mar-05 21:55:15

We want to go on holiday in july but we think abroad would be too hot. We thought about jersey has anyone got ne other suggestions worried about hotel water and fridge.

mummytosteven Sat 19-Mar-05 21:56:24

jersey water should be absolutely fine. but if you're worried, then you could just use evian, or get a travel kettle and boil water.

scruff Sat 19-Mar-05 21:57:47

what do we do to cool bottles if there is no fridge

mummytosteven Sat 19-Mar-05 21:59:25

what I did on hols in Switzerland was to put the cooled boiled water into bottles at beginning of the day, take the water bottles out, then add the milk powder when it was needed.

or you could take cartons of ready mixed liquid formula.

scruff Sat 19-Mar-05 22:00:45

did you let them cool and put them into cool bag baby using sma staydown and diff to mix if water not refridgerated

mummytosteven Sat 19-Mar-05 22:03:21

well I think I just put the kettle on the night just before when I went to bed, so it would be cool (room temp) by morning.

darn - sma staydown doesn't come in cartons, does it, and is a bit more temperamental to mix.

just make sure the hotel room has a minibar, I guess if you really need a fridge for the milk bottles.

KathH Sun 20-Mar-05 21:08:11

my ds is on staydown - i dont refrigerate bottles as found it made go lumpier. i boil the water and leave it in the bottles and just add the powder when he wants a bottle.

Surfermum Sun 20-Mar-05 21:16:25

When we went to a hotel in Newquay we took our camping cool box with a 12v lead, but I got a thing to plug into the socket and plug the 12v lead in so it was like a normal plug. Hope that makes sense - I'm not technical by any stretch of the imagination. It was effectively a fridge.

The year before though, at the same hotel, I used to make up the bottles in the room in the morning and give them to the housekeeper to put in the hotel's kitchen fridge, and they would just get them out as and when I needed them.

I just took the lunchtime bottle out with us, and by the time she came to drink it a couple of hours later it had cooled. It was then back to the hotel for the 4.30, and the 10pm one the barman got out for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now