loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday cottages

(13 Posts)
MistressMary Sat 19-Mar-05 20:40:08

Anyone stayed in one?
Are they any good?
We are looking for one in South Cornwall area, that is baby friendly.

oooggs Sat 19-Mar-05 21:02:09

We stayed here last August with DS 9mths and we had a great time.

http://www.chycor.co.uk/cottages/lowerpenvose/

crap at links

Merlin Sat 19-Mar-05 21:28:43

www.tredithick.co.uk (sorry can't do a link) - fantastic place, can't recommend it enough - stayed here earlier this year and it is v v v vchild friendly, lambs, goats, chickens to feed, pool, play areas inside and out etc. However, pretty sure they are booked up this year - sorry - we've already booked to go back next year! Do check out the site though, they have a cancellation list so you never know.

MistressMary Sat 19-Mar-05 21:38:06

Cant get the link to direct me to the page Merlin.

Fimbo Sat 19-Mar-05 21:42:39

I would recommend Hoseasons, although we have never been to Cornwall, we have been to Kent and Warwickshire with them and are going to West Dorset this year.

Hoseasons

Surfermum Sat 19-Mar-05 22:00:40

MM - I had a look for it as I love Cornwall. If it's where Merlin went it's called Tredethick here . It does look really good.

ragtaggle Sat 19-Mar-05 22:10:37

We are going to stay in one with nicheretreats.co.uk. The cottages look gorgeous on the internet but will let you know how it went on our return. (Back on May 14th - might be too late for you)

MistressMary Sat 19-Mar-05 22:13:50

Wow thanks everyone.
We are looking to go in October.
Those farm cottages at tredithick look great.

It will be a change from center parcs!

ponygirl Sat 19-Mar-05 22:18:53

This is an excellent self-catering site for the south-west. Helful Holidays

ponygirl Sat 19-Mar-05 22:19:25

That would be Helpful!

Whizzz Sun 20-Mar-05 18:40:17

Yes we've used Cornish Traditional Cottages twice in the past & the descriptions are pretty accurate re: child friendliness. Going again this year but with another company - farm cottages as DS is a bit older & likes animals !

blessima Sun 20-Mar-05 19:16:43

mistress...If you use the link on Whizzz's post and look at Fentrigan Manor. We went there last year and we all loved it. It's North Cornwall though.

Merlin Sun 20-Mar-05 19:56:56

Thanks Surfermum for doing the link - I'm hopeless and also noticed I didn't spell it right anyway!!! Have you been on the beach today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now