Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wanted: Adult weekend break in Suffolk or Norfolk - help finding it greatly appreciated

(3 Posts)
Wills Wed 16-Mar-05 18:22:29

Dh and I have been on an emotional roller coaster recently and we could do with some time to ourselves to simply talk etc etc. My in-laws have very lovingly offered to look after the kids for a weekend to allow us time together. They live in Stoke-by-Clare just over the Suffolk/Essex border. This will be the first time our elder daughter (5 years) will have stayed with them and the first time our younger daughter (19 months) will have spent a night without us. Therefore I don't want to travel too far away just in case. So I'm looking for a bloody nice hotel about 30 mins to 1.5 hours drive away that really know how to pamper two very highly stressed out/worn out people.

bakedpotato Wed 16-Mar-05 19:12:45

the swan or the crown in southwold?
or the victoria, at holkham in norfolk?
i've eaten -- not stayed -- at the first two, and they're great. the swan is a bit more posh.
not been to the victoria, but long to.
what lovely inlaws.

Wills Wed 16-Mar-05 22:17:45

OK, will try to hunt out their websites and have a look. Thanks for the advice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now