Talk

Advanced search

Cheap flights to Copenhagan???

(15 Posts)
Hulababy Mon 14-Mar-05 21:10:50

DH and I fancy visiting his relatives in Sweden this winter for either a long weekend, or a mid week break.

Does anyone know which flight companes might do cheap flights to Copenhagan, ideally from somewhere north of London (we are in Sheffield)?

Thanks.

Anteater Mon 14-Mar-05 23:42:42

bil working in Sweden at mo, got flights for about £50 last week.. Not sure which airline but can find out if you want..

tribpot Tue 15-Mar-05 07:42:10

Worth having a look at this guide to budget airlines . Looks like Snowflake and Maersk fly from Manchester.

Don't forget Malmö has an airport too, which is served by mainly (possibly only) budget airlines.

Pamina3 Tue 15-Mar-05 14:26:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zubb Tue 15-Mar-05 14:49:57

Easyjet fly to Copenhagen but I think they only go from Luton.

Anteater Tue 15-Mar-05 15:54:45

Just spoke with my sister, SAS and BMI fly from Manchester, £46 last week.

CountessDracula Tue 15-Mar-05 16:17:50

Look on Skyscanner here

It searches all the budget airlines

Janh Tue 15-Mar-05 16:49:25

Stockholm has 2 airports - why do you want Copenhagen, hula?

Hulababy Tue 15-Mar-05 17:47:56

THe airport they live nearest to is Copenhagna, although it isn't even in Sweden. They can then pick us if we want.

Hulababy Tue 15-Mar-05 17:48:51

Copenhagen even!

Thanks for tips everyone.

Anteater Tue 15-Mar-05 19:41:24

cos its wonderful of course Jan!!

Janh Tue 15-Mar-05 20:18:27

But...but...Malmo is at the Swedish end of the bridge to Copenhagen

Mind you I suppose its airport could be miles away!

haha, Anteater! It is wonderful actually - we have had a day there, would love to go for longer some time.

Hulababy Tue 15-Mar-05 20:20:34

Their daughter is a student over here int he UK, and they often fly between the UK and Sweden visiting her and family. They always use Copenhagen and that is what they would recommend. I don't know why!!! But they do!

Do quite fancy a night or two in Copenhagen too if we do go.

tribpot Tue 15-Mar-05 20:46:15

Malmö is a much smaller airport than Copenhagen, so it's kind of like if Norwich and Stansted were 20 mins apart but in different countries. You would still fly into Stansted (well, I wouldn't, I hate the place) but that's the general idea. A lot more choice. Plus Malmö airport is about 20 mins from the centre of Malmö, and so is Copenhagen airport. Because they're both in Schengen there are no passport controls between them, so you can come and go freely between the two countries.

Stockholm airports are definitely not handy for southern Sweden!

Have a good hol.

Anteater Tue 12-Apr-05 18:46:19

Sister has just booked a Ryan Air flight for less than £20 inc tax!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now