Talk

Advanced search

Travel Insurance provider recommendations ...

(8 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 11-Mar-05 17:11:18

can anyone recommend a good (ie. reasonable) travel ins provider please - preferably one good about previous medical history (ie. ds has nut allergy).

Thanks!

lapsedrunner Fri 11-Mar-05 18:04:34

Not sure about the medical history side of things but you can't go far wrong with The Post Office, very competitive rates. My sister had to submit a claim for cancellation recently and they paid out straight away.

I always tend to buy an annual policy as it works out cheaper if you do more than one trip per year. I have used Bradford & Bingley and Churchill, never made a claim though.

Joley Fri 11-Mar-05 18:26:33

We have a free annual policy through our natwest bank account. It covers you as long as you pay for your trip using your natwest credit card. we claimed two years running on the policy and the whole thing went very smoothly. The first time, we cancelled the holiday completely as DS2 was admitted to hospital and the second time, he was ill while we were away. I have checked and they are happy to cover us again this year, which many other insurers won't do without an additional premium.

Very happy with the service.

Janh Fri 11-Mar-05 19:22:18

Try money saving expert for some recommendations.

There was a thread on here recently re adult pre-existing conditions, direct travel was recommended there. (Is on previous link too)

Millie1 Fri 11-Mar-05 22:04:13

thanks everyone ... I'll look into all of these!

Laylasmum Fri 11-Mar-05 22:06:04

sorry for butting in on this thread but does anyone know if travel policies cover you if your pregnant?

Janh Fri 11-Mar-05 22:09:34

Up to a certain number of weeks they do, I think, LM - but in Europe your E111 covers you anyway (I think!)

See babycentre . You are OK up to 28 weeks and after that it varies.

SPARKLER1 Fri 11-Mar-05 22:12:51

Just booked ours with:

essentialtravel.co.uk

DH searched the internet and came across them. They seemed okay for our needs anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: