Talk

Advanced search

Hen Night in Leeds!

(9 Posts)
lunavix Fri 11-Mar-05 15:23:23

My bridemaids are rather keen on somewhere like leeds for our hen night/weekend, but we don't want to end up in the local grab-a-granny nightclub! Does anyone have any recommendations?

They also want some activitys as well, such as pampering/paintballing? the usual I guess! Any ideas would be great! Also for cheap - but nice - accomodation!

Thanks! This will be posted for Dublin too as I'm quite keen on some nice Irish accent-ed lads!

harrogatemum Fri 11-Mar-05 17:21:16

I did a hen night in Leeds - started in Malmaison for lunch and drinks followed by Harvey Nichols (supposed to be shopping) but just ended up in the top floor bar doing more drinking...back to Malmaison to get ready then dinner, more drinks and dancing at Tiger Tiger...it was great fun! When we got back to Malmaison half of Leeds United were in the bar with Mel C of Spice Girls fame!

lunavix Sun 13-Mar-05 19:56:18

Ooh that does sound good! What were the clubs like?

sparkly Mon 14-Mar-05 08:21:08

I second any drinking at the Malmaison or HN in Leeds! I can't comment on the clubs - having given that up ages ago - but there are lots of bars that stay open late that are really nice. There's Living Room/Prohibition on Greek Street that are nice but always packed. If you venture down towards the Corn Exchange there is Oportos which is also nice. There's a few new places that have opened that I've not been to yet like Baroque and a few others. I think Leeds is a good night out - and you can't go wrong if you end up stuck in HN drinking on the top floor!

Frizbe Mon 14-Mar-05 08:29:15

went on a hen night/weekend there last year (when dd was just 4mths old, bless dh for looking after her whilst I went partying!) we stayed at \link(http://www.devereonline.co.uk/jdevere.htm?http://www.devereonline.co.uk/hotel_oulton\link} Oulton Hall hotel, rather nice I must say! with nice pool, steam room, sauna etc and beauty salon, we all booked in for treatments on the saturday (just what the doc ordered after having dd!) and one the friday night went out around Leeds (cut short by one of our number being a bit ill in Tiger, Tiger.....) but still went back to hotel and had a great time!

Frizbe Mon 14-Mar-05 08:29:38

link

lunavix Mon 14-Mar-05 18:22:44

OOh that looks lovely.

Going to have to talk to the hens!

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 14-Mar-05 18:46:54

Tiger Tiger gets my vote. I love it in there. You could go to La Tasca for some tasty Tapas and there are loads of nice bars in that area.

There is a travel lodge in the city centre which you could probably get a deal on if there's a few of you going.

helsi Mon 14-Mar-05 19:11:10

Park Plaza nice hotel - very new and central - just near train station and very central for bars etc. "Henrys" is a nice bar - Tiger Tiger - great, the Square - young and trendy, Flares nightclub- retro do not sure what like as not been in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now