Talk

Advanced search

Cyprus??

(9 Posts)
LouBeeLou Thu 10-Mar-05 12:46:03

DP has decided that we are going to Cyprus this year (me, him and DD who is 7).

I don't know anything about Cyprus (neither does he!) so I thought I'd pick some MNetter brains.

Anyone recommend anywhere that's good for kids? nothing over the top, just a pool and maybe a play area, and some kiddie-friendly entertainment on an evening. Or anywhere that's awful so as to steer clear?

Also, we are going end of May/beginning of June - is is very hot then?

Thanks

LBL x

LouBeeLou Thu 17-Mar-05 12:50:49

Anyone?

Yorkiegirl Thu 17-Mar-05 23:08:34

Message withdrawn

Goldfish Fri 18-Mar-05 18:42:25

We normally go to Spain, but decided to give Cyprus a look last year. We went in mid April and although we had a couple of cloudy days, when the sun was out it was lovely - 70 degrees some days. We went with First Choice and stayed in the Electra Holiday Village which is near Nissi Beach which is beautiful. We went all inclusive and it was ok. I wish we had seen more of the island as it is really nice and everyone I know who has been goes back time after time. Ours was just a last minute holiday as my mate works in Thomas Cook and got us a good deal. I must say as well that the water park is fantastic.

myermay Fri 18-Mar-05 19:58:21

Message withdrawn

cutekids Sat 19-Mar-05 21:44:25

i've never been anywhere except magalluf but want something quite lively but family orientated.any ideas?

Mum2Ela Sat 19-Mar-05 21:52:34

Cyprus is fab! Parents have a house in Limassol (yes, it odes have beaches - plenty of them and lovely ones too. Gorgeous one just by the Foyr Seasons hotel, also Ladies Mile is lovely but sometimes windy, and Goveners Beach is a 10 min dribe out of Limassol but the most lovely beach I have ever been too) and Limassol is fab because it is a city and open all yaer round - unlike Paphos and Ayia Napa which are very seasonal.

Having said that I have stayed in Protaras, Ayia |Napa and Paphos. All fab places for holidays.

Paphos stayed in the Azia Beach Hotel http://www.aziahotel.com/

Ayia Napa stayed at the Aneas Hotel http://www.aeneas.com.cy/

Both fab but the one in Ayia Napa much better for families. Also Protaras is just 10 mins drive down the road and so lots to do around that area (also water park in Ayia Napa).

I just love Cyprus. Am going at the end of May too.

x

LouBeeLou Wed 23-Mar-05 12:42:30

Sorry, have't had chance to log on for a few days.

Thanks for all this info, I will print it off and take it home tonight.

x

gwade Fri 06-May-05 19:18:52

we have just come back from protaras (near ayia napa) and it was great. we found a baby equipment hire company with a nanny / babysitting service. we hired a cot and steriliser from them, such great service even delivery and colection. anyway they are called little devils. www.littledevilsnannies.com email info@littledevilsnannies.com. So if you fancy a break from the little darlings you know who to contact. Cyprus was great, protaras and ayia napa very child friendly and great beaches.
Have a good holiday.
GW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now