Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mid Week Budget Break In The North Of England

(10 Posts)
colette Wed 09-Mar-05 14:23:54

We are driving down from Glasgow to Luton in the 2nd week of April to see my mum . We would really like to stop over somewhere for a few days on the way. I have looked at centerparcs and tbh £450 is a bit too expensive for 4 days for us .
What I am really looking for is:
a)Somewhere child friendly
b)scenic
c)swimming pool if possible, good food if possible too also
Anywhere from cumbria down , we could also travel accross to Yorkshire. Any reccomendations welcome

colette Wed 09-Mar-05 14:36:37

Off to pick dd up from scholl will check latet- she says hopefully awaiting replies

colette Wed 09-Mar-05 14:37:12

excuse errors

chloeb2002 Wed 09-Mar-05 18:49:08

Just depends what you fancy. I live in north yorkshire... richmond,loads of nice country pubs and hotels, cheaper than centre parks. Scotch corner hotel on the way down the A1 has a nice leisure suite that guest can use, swimming pool etc, im sure there are loads of places. thats just the one that speings to mind... hope that helps?

seb1 Wed 09-Mar-05 19:55:17

What about

ribby hall

or if you enter code SPG05 you can get 30% of Centre Parcs Whinfell

HTH

colette Wed 09-Mar-05 20:07:17

Thanks for your replies , I will nip back on later and investigate further. Chloeb I do like Yorkshire and have found a good website so will take a look at Richmond.
Seb1 I have found a thread which mentions Riby hall and will check out the discount as well - thanks a lot.

mummytummy Wed 09-Mar-05 20:29:56

Have you tried Hoseasons? The Centreparcs in Cumbria used to belong to them, they do have similar type holidays for much less - www.hoseasons.co.uk

colette Wed 09-Mar-05 22:14:36

Thanks mummytummy I am off to bed but will look forward to checking .

grumpyfrumpy Fri 11-Mar-05 12:54:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

colette Sat 12-Mar-05 20:48:26

Thanks grumpy frumpy, hotel looks lovely.I will check out self catering after I have eaten my curry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now