Talk

Advanced search

Stanstead to Windsor

(6 Posts)
THERESA Tue 08-Mar-05 17:42:14

I'm based in Newcastle & have always fancied a trip to legoland with DH & children aged 3 & 6. We can get lovely cheap flights to Stanstead with easyjet. Is the journey from there to Windsor 'do-able' or are we better off on the train to Kings Cross?

Trifle Tue 08-Mar-05 17:46:31

You would ideally need to hire a car at Stansted. The driving time (bearing in mind on this stretch of motorway there are MAJOR roadworks) will take approx 2 hours. Otherwise, you can get a train from the airport into London, go across London and get a train out the other side. Windsor train station is probably the nearest to Legoland but not within walking distance so you would need to get a taxi. Bear in mind that unless you have any concessionary tickets, you will be paying approx £21 for each children and approx £26 each for you and dh so the entrance fee alone will be near to £100.

Is it worth it, sorry but no.

Ameriscot2005 Tue 08-Mar-05 17:48:22

You can get a coach to Heathrow, then another (or a bus) to Windsor.

Ameriscot2005 Tue 08-Mar-05 17:50:28

Trifle, I live near Windsor and it takes 90 mintues to get to Stanstead. The roadworks are usually free-flowing.

sievehead Tue 08-Mar-05 20:05:00

Shouldn't be more than an hour and a half. What time does the flight arrive? I think its do-able - are you planning to hire a car?

THERESA Wed 09-Mar-05 12:55:01

Thanks as ever for your invaluable advice. Has given us something to think about. We weren't planning to hire a car. maybe we'll do it by train instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now