Talk

Advanced search

Holiday in under 4 weeks - but where?

(5 Posts)
Azure Tue 08-Mar-05 14:58:46

I've finally managed to get 2 weeks off work the first two weeks of April, and would appreciate any advice about where to go. It'll be with DH and DS (3.5) and I will be around 20 weeks pregnant. We would like to go somewhere warm enough to swim (but not too hot), so that rules out much of the Med. DS gets bored of just beach, though, and so other activities - zoos, playgrounds - should be reasonably convenient. I don't want to all in the same hotel room, so self-catering (or 2-roomed accomodation) would be better. Florida seems to tick most of the boxes, but I feel we've left it all too late and am very confused about the area. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

nailpolish Tue 08-Mar-05 15:11:11

the canaries is nice at this time of year, have you thought about holiday parks? i dont know any but have always fancied it myself

Azure Tue 08-Mar-05 16:08:55

I don't know much about holiday parks. We're not hugely sociable and so have not been tempted by Mark Warner-type places traditionally. I'll look into the Canaries - thanks for the suggestion.

Prufrock Tue 08-Mar-05 16:23:23

Mark Warner has a place in Egypt. Do not worry about the sociability, you honestly don't have to join in with anything. And the childcare is brilliant, so you will actually get a holiday yourself as well.

meysey Wed 09-Mar-05 13:36:40

I second The Canaries. I had a fab holiday in Lanzarote once. Simply Travel do some nice self-catering places inland with pools and you can look the volcano and some arty stuff too. Not sure about where there are playgrounds but my 15 month-old had a fab time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now