Talk

Advanced search

Dubai with 3.5 yr old and newborn yes or no?...

(12 Posts)
Laylasmum Tue 08-Mar-05 14:29:46

If all goes to plan should have baby end oct early nov, already have dd who is 3. My BIL lives in Dubai and emailed us yesterday asking if we'd like to go out there around xmas and he'll pay !! Has anyone gone somewhere like this with such a young baby and would it reallly be advisable?Any opinions greatly appreciated!!!

suzywong Tue 08-Mar-05 14:33:35

can you put it off til new year? You really should wait till your baby has had all her jabs before flying IMO and you don't really know what kind of delivery you will have and how up to it you will be (sorry to be ghoulish and pessimistic).

I don't see a problem with the flight, Emirates are great with babies, and it will be possible to stay cool in air-conned Dubai, just dont' pressure yourself too close to the birth if you want my opinion ( I had to consider this egarding a trip from London to UK with ds2 and it was a bit much tbh, we took ds1 to Australia when he was 5.5 mo and both he and I were well settled and hale and hearty)

HTH

webmum Tue 08-Mar-05 14:36:55

We're going soon, but dd2 will be almost 5 months, I suppose a few months amke a huge difference.

If I were you I would wait until baby is born before making any decisions, it really all boils down to how quickly you both recover from birth and whether the baby's relatively easy or not.

My best friend lives there with 2 children and she thinks its extremely childfriendly.

moondog Tue 08-Mar-05 14:37:39

LM, i travel loads with my kids (now 8mths and 4.5) because my dh works abroad and my family are scattered.
Must say, wouldn't bother me. Dubai is hardly the ends of the earth (went there myself in Jan. with the family-had a great time!)Ds was just over three mths when we went out to live in Turkey (v remote part by border with Iran) and he hadn't had all his injections.

Do what you feel comfy with-mind you a few weeks recovering post partum in Dubai sounds great to me!

Laylasmum Tue 08-Mar-05 14:37:46

Thanks suzy!! Am feeling a bit pressured really as MIL wants us all to go out and see'golden boy' around xmas but it would probably be too much. We've another problem as we haven't told anyone about PG yet so are having to lie to avoid giving answers yet!!

suzywong Tue 08-Mar-05 14:38:41

meant from London to Australia but you know what I mean

Yes good point, if your baby should be collicky then nowhere will be very much fun for you or him/her, best wait.

Laylasmum Tue 08-Mar-05 14:39:56

Thanks Webmum and moondog our posts crossed. Am not v brave really and like my home comforts!!Couldn't imagine living in the remote borders of turkey with such a young baby MD!!

moondog Tue 08-Mar-05 14:42:22

Oh you'd be surprised at how nice it is!! People are so lovely too.
Yes, you're in a difficult situation aren't you with being pg and all.

suzywong Tue 08-Mar-05 14:44:13

so are you still there moondog?

moondog Tue 08-Mar-05 14:45:35

No, in Wales at the moment with les enfants for a little R&R and for dd to have a taste of school.
Going back in a month though..

fisil Tue 08-Mar-05 14:49:15

We're going on holiday to Greece in July with a 2 1/2 year old and an 8(ish) week old. We know the place we're going to, so reckon we should be OK. I'll let you know any tips! Going to stay with relatives should be fine.

WestCountryLass Tue 08-Mar-05 14:54:03

Sounds fab, i'd go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now