Talk

Advanced search

advice from eurostar travellers pls

(5 Posts)
Theresa Wed 22-Oct-08 21:44:23

we live in newcastle & have never been on eurostar but have a train daft son. We are planning a trip next easter as follows, train to london, a few days there, then eurostar to disneyland paris (the one that goes directly there rather than change at paris) a few days there, then fly back to newcastle. Have had a look on eurostar website, it seems bevcause we are only going one way we have to buy a more expensive type of ticket. Its quoting £318 for the four of us one way. Don't know how much I was expecting. Do I book now, do the prices go up the nearer you are to the travel date, is it worth waiting, do they do offers nearer the time (prob not as we are going during school hols!). Any comments/advice appreciated. Thanks

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 10:10:32

Have you tried looking at packages which include everything you want train/disney wise but are returns - and then just not returning on the train... It sounds a bit mad but it's often cheaper like this on normal trains so it may be the same on the Eurostar.

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 10:14:54

Get a return over a Saturday night and then don't use the return bit? No chance of them cancelling it as it's the outbound bit you'll be using.

Theresa Thu 23-Oct-08 20:15:58

thanks to both of you. After I posted last night I had another look and got a quote for a return, £100 cheaper (!!) and as you say, we neednt use the return. Seems so bizarre!

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 21:44:57

That's great! You can now spend the extra at Disney! Have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now