Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

travelling in London, change at West Hampstead or Waterloo??? which is easier with a buggy

(5 Posts)
Carameli Tue 08-Mar-05 12:29:45

I have not really done much travelling on the tube with dd(now 17mnths) but soon need to go to St John's Wood. I live in RIchmond so can either get the train to Waterloo and then jubilee line straight up.
Or I can go from RIchmond to West Hampstead and then get the tube down to St Johns Wood.

Just wondered if anyone else had been in this area and whether one is easier to do than the other????

sis Tue 08-Mar-05 12:38:49

I think you are more likely to be able to do the change on lifts and escalaters at Waterloo - If you change at West Hampstead, the rail and underground stations are about 50 metres apart, so you have to come out of the station and walk to the underground station and go down the stairs to get to the Jubilee line. I am not certain, but I think both stations at West Hampstead only have stairs - there are no escalators or lifts. Hopefully, someone more familiar with the station will post to confirm.

beansprout Tue 08-Mar-05 12:39:48

Richmond to West Hampstead (Silverlink?) is difficult. WH train and tube stations are actually a 100 yards apart, so you have to go up a staircase, along a road and then down again at the tube. At least at Waterloo you have escalators which I find easier. Also Waterloo is busier and I very rarely travel in Central London without the offer of help from someone (esp if I stand at the top of the stairs and look around....!)

Good luck!

chonky Tue 08-Mar-05 12:40:42

I think Waterloo would be easier - there's no lifts at West Hampstead as far as I can remember.

Carameli Tue 08-Mar-05 13:12:23

thanks for the info. I had a feeling there was something like that at WH, but could not remember. Will go with Waterloo then, ther is only 1 tube stop difference between the two routes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now