Talk

Advanced search

How old should a toddler be to appreciate/get anything out of a stay somewhere like Centre Parcs?

(8 Posts)
MurderousMarla Mon 13-Oct-08 20:27:14

Just looking at short holiday possibilities with DS turning 1 next week... too young for that kind of place?

MurderousMarla Mon 13-Oct-08 20:27:47

I mean appreciate = be able to do anything, enjoy anything there aimed at his age.... not say 'thanks mum' wink

catweazle Mon 13-Oct-08 20:33:08

Well we took DD to Centre Parcs in Holland when she was 5 months and again at 15 months. She loved the pool, which we went to every day. There was a children's zoo and we hired bicycles with a trailer for DD.

We've recently stayed in a caravan and between the cold nights, trying to keep her away from the stove/ door/ steps/ fire, CP was much easier and more of a break IYSWIM.

blithedance Mon 13-Oct-08 20:38:47

Don't know, but the parents can appreciate the spa at ANY age.

We took ours when DS2 was about 15months. He was quite safe, liked the soft play areas, being pushed around the woods, would have liked the swimming pool had he not been in a water-phobic phase. We didn't hire bikes but he would have loved going in the little trailer, oh, and if weather good there should be outdoor play areas. He was fine in the creche for a morning too while we did the spa experience.

You can take a few favourite toys too, of course.

fruitful Mon 13-Oct-08 20:50:14

We're going in a few weeks with ds2 who will be 11 months. Also dd (6) and ds1 (3).

I am expecting that he will enjoy the creche (I certainly will grin). And riding on a seat on the back of my bike. And the soft play areas. Also the outdoor play areas although I don't know that I'd bother with those much if I only had ds2. If I only had him he'd have more opportunity to enjoy sitting in a highchair in the sports cafe watching people playing indoor tennis, whilst Mummy has a drink, I think.

And you can get babysitters in the evening too.

There are various baby activity things - I've got the brochure here. A soft play/singing session. A baby signing session. A baby massage session. Making prints/casts of his feet. A swimming session for under-3s & carers only. I don't think we'll bother, though...

Holymoly321 Mon 13-Oct-08 21:15:21

Do not bother with the making casts of hands/feet! It is a total rip off (as much of the payable activities are for the toddlers). We love CP - go about twice a year but tend not to book any activities any more. The cast thing is basically making a 'keepsake box' out of a piece of paper (I kid you not - not even card!) ad the pressing your childs hand into a rock hard piece of clay. All in all it took us about 10 mins - for which we had paid the princely sum of 8 quid!!!! Get yourself some clay from an art shop and do it at home (or in the lodge at CP) for much much less! But whatever, you will have a fabulous time!

SqueakyPop Wed 15-Oct-08 19:43:29

The newest Centerparcs in France, Lac d'Aillette, just east of Paris, is excellent for toddlers. As well as the pool, beach area, outdoor playgrounds, they have the most fantastic indoor play area.

notsoteenagemum Wed 15-Oct-08 19:57:57

DS was 14 months when we went to centrparcs, he loved it- we didn't book any activities for him just had a feally nice family time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: