Talk

Advanced search

Flying with easyjet and taking Quinny Speedi + car seat, plus any advice on solids...

(5 Posts)
meeri Sat 11-Oct-08 07:45:29

Hello,

I'm new to mumsnet and hope you can help!

I'll be travelling to Helsinki in November with a 7 month old on easyjet and I'm thinking of taking our quinny speedi + car seat with us. Has anyone gate checked a speedi before, if so do you also need to deflate the tyres?

Also any advice on taking solids on board would be much appreciated! This is the third time the little one will go on a plane but the first time I'll be doing it on my own and on solids (hubby is coming later, so luckily just one way!), so any tips on feeding baby on board would be great.

Thanks in advance.

mum2oneloudbaby Sat 11-Oct-08 08:32:02

Can't help with the Quinny but just come back from first flight with dd 10months.

feeding on plane really good idea keeps them occupied for a while. You will need to open and taste the food - although have to say the security on this is a little hit and miss. Take something you don't mind tasting grin

I had a pot of fruit puree which need to be opened and tasted so take a plastic tub to decant anything like this into.

Also, was told you are only allowed to take with you what is needed for the flight but I took some more for when we arrived and nobody seemed bothered.

I also know people who have just bought jars in airport once through security but I didn't want to risk it.

SweetApril Sat 11-Oct-08 11:10:49

Hi. My DD is 19 months but we took tupperware boxes with her food (salad and chicken), fruit (banana and pear), boxes of raisins plus a jar of food for emergencies. Also had cups of milk and water. They searched my bag and opened the boxes but the only thing I had to taste was the milk. The jar was the thing that triggered the bag search on their x-ray machine but once they saw what it was they were fine and didn't want me to open it (in UK or Greece). Also had milk in a carton which I didn't have to taste.

Don't have a Quinny but I phoned Stansted airport with a query about taking my buggy and they were really helpful (maybe because it's a smaller airport) - you do have to hang on the phone through all the options until you get the operator.

meeri Mon 13-Oct-08 10:34:07

Great, thanks for the tips and advice, much appreciated.

peachsmuggler Mon 13-Oct-08 10:43:37

I have taken a Jane powertrack with the car seat attachement, which is pretty large and it was fine. I just collapsed it at the gate and they took it off me with the car seat attachment. they were really very helpful, am sure you will be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now