Talk

Advanced search

Bruern Stable Cottages

(15 Posts)
ellasmum Mon 24-Feb-03 15:04:45

Hi...

I know from another tread that some Mumsnetters have stayed here before, so I was hoping to pick your brains.

We are going this weekend - DD is 10 months and very mobile so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for things to do while we are there / any tips for our visit.

I am really looking forward to it as the cottages look lovely.

bells2 Mon 24-Feb-03 17:05:04

How funny, we are also going this weekend!. I have a DD 15 months (and barely mobile) and DS 3 1/2 years. It is our first visit but I am hugely impressed by the website an dlooking forward to it very much.

ellasmum Mon 24-Feb-03 18:47:56

It is also our first visit - and I agree, the website is very good. I had a lovely time filling in my food order - being very lazy indeed and planning on cooking nothing!!!

emmaij Mon 24-Feb-03 20:08:17

ellasmum - put the wee one in a buggy and meander around all those pretty neighbouring villages, bourton on the water, stow on the wold, go for blustery walk in the grounds at blenheim and stop off for tea in woodstock. Alternatively if dd is into animals (and good for bells2 ds, aged 3) visit the cotswold wildlife park.

Find the swing, wendy house, play cabin (heater above the door)in Bruern grounds. Enough there to keep dd occupied for an hour or so.

lucky you! have a fab time. I'm a huge fan of this place. P.S. You must order the chocolate roulade.

bells2 Tue 25-Feb-03 07:33:16

What food order?? All I've had is a one page booking form through....

ellasmum Tue 25-Feb-03 13:51:18

Bells2 - when I booked, I then received loads of stuff in the post i.e. directions etc.. Included in this was a 'menu' of food available to order plus an order form to send back. Give them a call and I'm sure they will send you one.

emmaij - chocolate roulade ordered. DD loves animals so will definitely be going to the wildlife park. Thanks for info.

bells2 Tue 25-Feb-03 14:30:09

Thanks ellasmuum, have got it sorted. Have ordered 2 roulades!.

triplets Mon 03-Mar-03 21:05:59

I loved the look of this place, sounds too perfect to be true! If only we could afford it, anyone got any more recommendations slightly less expensive?

Rhiannon Mon 03-Mar-03 21:47:21

Tried to book for DH's 40 wanted to go Fri-Tues as his birthday is on the Monday. Very unhelpful email. Incredibly expensive too.

bells2 Tue 04-Mar-03 08:08:10

Rhiannon, they regularly offer 40% off deals which is what we just went on. The cottages are amazing - beautifully fitted out and incredibly luxurious. Ours had a huge four poster in the mater bedroom and another four poster for DS. The children's facilities are absolutely fab. We had a wonderfully relaxing three days and feel like we've had a proper holiday. Would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Triplets, have you tried the National Trust Cottages?. These get very booked up but they have some amazing properties. At this time of year, they are really quite good value.

triplets Tue 04-Mar-03 14:18:41

Thanks, will have a look at them now!

Ems Tue 04-Mar-03 14:41:17

bells2, I was waiting to hear how you'd got on, sounds lovely! Did you get out and about in the area at all?

Triplets, get on their 'list' and they will contact you with last minute offers, 40% off brings it into a reasonable price range!

bells2 Tue 04-Mar-03 15:04:05

Ems, meant to thank you for the recommendation which is why we went there in the first place. To be honest, DH and I both know the Cotswolds inside out so it was nice just to spend most of our time at Bruern, enjoying the gorgeous cottage and all the facilities. I fel incredibly well rested by it all!.

Ems Tue 04-Mar-03 15:15:24

I'm keeping fingers crossed for them to have last minute summer cancellation, wishful thinking?!

How was all the lovely sounding pre-ordered food?

ellasmum Wed 05-Mar-03 01:06:57

We also had a fantastic time this weekend - everything was perfect. Will definitely be going back - infact DP was looking at website today for more deals!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: