Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hotel not too far from London, pref. by the sea, for DH & me to chill?

(14 Posts)
franch Tue 01-Mar-05 20:34:49

Somewhere reeeeeally nice please for a weekend break - all part of my Pregnancy Pampering Plan

marbeth Tue 01-Mar-05 20:38:11

Recommend the hythe imperial.It is right on sea front.I think it is a marston hotel.The sea front is nice for a walk.No shops on seafront so peaceful.

sinclair Wed 02-Mar-05 11:13:08

Which side of London are you Franch? We just had a weekend at the Hoste Arms in Norfolk, expensive but divine, following recommendations on here. Fab ffod too. About 2.5 hours from west london, but you are right by holkham beach (Shakespeare in Love beach) so we thought it was worth the drive. Enjoy your w/e whatever you decide!

mrsflowerpot Wed 02-Mar-05 11:15:06

Second the Hoste. If you are that side of London, we have also stayed at the White Hart in Nayland near Colchester - divine food, lovely rooms and not far from the coast at Aldeburgh. And Southwold is nice on that coast too, never stayed though, only done day trips.

Marina Wed 02-Mar-05 11:20:53

SE Londoners head for the Seaview on the Isle of Wight or that posh new one in Whitstable (the Grand I think, "Keane" help me out here).
Have stayed at neither but know people who have and rated them highly.

bundle Wed 02-Mar-05 11:22:08

hotel du vin, brighton?

Niddlynono Wed 02-Mar-05 11:28:49

Neo Hotel in Brighton (neohotel.com)
Drakes, Brighton (drakesofbrighton.com)

Have fun.

franch Wed 02-Mar-05 13:30:51

Ooh, thanks everyone. Should've said not Brighton as we've done it to death lately but I'll definitely hang on to the recommendations for next time. We're in N London - have been to the Victoria @ Holkham but not the Hoste, will check that out. Hythe Imperial looks nice. Spoilt for choice

Keane Fri 04-Mar-05 07:27:18

my Mum has stayed at the 'continental" in Whitstable and thinks its lovely. There is one on the sea front in tankerton, but have no idea of the name - will try and find out for you, but it is a 4 star and lots of nice walks right on the doorstep

Keane Fri 04-Mar-05 07:36:12

Hotel Continental

The Marine, Tankerton

sorry Marina, i dont know about the grand something

pipsy1 Fri 04-Mar-05 07:37:14

Ooh Bexiboo, those two in Brighton look lovely... Do you know any nice hotels that also have a spa? Doesn't have to be Brighton- but SE somewhere.

grumpyfrumpy Fri 04-Mar-05 10:34:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

grumpyfrumpy Fri 04-Mar-05 10:37:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seabird Wed 16-Mar-05 21:11:49

Thanks for this thread franch and grumpyfrumpy - have booked dh and I into rowhill grange on Sunday for a last break without kids for a while! (am 37wks pg and have 16mo dd). Looks gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now