Talk

Advanced search

likelihood of my travel plans going wrong?

(5 Posts)
jobschmob Thu 25-Sep-08 13:03:36

hi, i have booked a flight to sydney. i have booked a second flight (separately) that leaves three hours later from sydney to new zealand. i am really worried that the margins are too slim now. so if my first plane is delayed for any reason i will be forfeiting my second fight (and not sure if insurance covers this??).
can anyone reassure me please?!

twinsareus Thu 25-Sep-08 13:16:57

Hi Have you booked through a travel agent? They will X reference the bookings . Are the flights with the same airline? If not, then it depends on the rules for your onward ticket.. if it is a no-frills airline, and you miss the connection , it may be you will have to pay a supplement or even pay again. If the booking has been cross referenced and they are both with major airlines, there will not usually be a problem. Travel insurance usually will only cover , if delay is more than 9 hours. Just check on your ticket rules.. and if it looks like you could lose out, see if you can change to a more flexible ticket.

jobschmob Thu 25-Sep-08 13:29:54

hmmm. didn't go through travel agent and nothing is cross referenced! i don't know what i was thinking when i did it this way-sounded feasible at the time. have read my travel insurance smallprint but don't quite understand it. i really regret this as the thought of having to pay again is really giving me grief (and husband might kill me). thanks anyway smile

twinsareus Thu 25-Sep-08 13:40:20

Right, what I suggest is you call up the Long Haul airline and ask them to put into the booking a note with the details of the onward flight and then do the same with onward flight airline, giving details of th elonghaul bit. Whilst you are on , get them to check the rules of the ticket. If it is non-changeable/non refundable, ask if it is possible to upgrade to a fare that is more flexible. I have to say, as a rule most long haul flights arriving into Australia are not usually late, except if there are adverse weather conditions or technical faults, and these reasons are rare, in comparison with the amount of flights arriving

jobschmob Thu 25-Sep-08 13:41:39

grin, thank you so much!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now