Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where can we go for a quick UKEaster break?

(8 Posts)
batey Sun 27-Feb-05 18:09:29

Can't decide?! We're in the SW so I was thinking of York or Nottingham possibly? Dd1 saw a Blue Peter thing on York the other day and is very into her History lessons, dd2 knows anout Robin Hood etc. Fancy a good old British w/e somewhere. Any tips? Tips on attractions for kids woyld be great too?

roisin Sun 27-Feb-05 18:45:58

How old are they Batey?

I love York and there's loads there: Jorvik Centre (Vikings), National Railway Museum (Free), Castle Museum, The Minster, you can walk on the city walls (Free). Castle Howard is not far away.

pootlepod Sun 27-Feb-05 19:11:02

Robin Hoods bay/Whitby I think are quite close to York and yet seasidey-towns.

bluesky Sun 27-Feb-05 20:23:19

Can recommend Laskill Grange in N Yorks moors, we have stayed there several times; close to go to York (vikings) the trains. Close to Scarborough for a good windy walk on the beach. Nice market towns of Helmsley and Pickering. Pickering is where there North Yorks Moors railway goes from (Hogwarts Express harry train!) my two loved that.

It is so lovely to then go back to Laskill surrounded by fields, there is a big field for playing, swings, a river to throw stones or paddle in, horse riding nearby, easy walks, great pubs .... I really recommend it!! Have loads more info if of interest.

batey Sun 27-Feb-05 20:33:44

Thanks for those, my dds are nearly 5 and 7 yrs old. They all sound intersting.

grumpyfrumpy Mon 28-Feb-05 09:02:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vict17 Mon 28-Feb-05 09:04:41

How about the Centre Parcs in Nottingham infohere

sootyrupert Tue 01-Mar-05 12:23:26

I grew up in Nottingham and worked there as a nanny for a while too. Theres loads to do for kids - caves, castle, sherwood forest, american adventure theme park, indoor play centres!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now