Talk

Advanced search

Day out in Dublin (Suggestions of what to do with 4 year old)

(9 Posts)
pinkmagic1 Wed 24-Sep-08 10:27:50

I am going for a day trip to Dublin next week and will be taking my eldest who is 4 1/2. Has anyone got any suggestions of places of interest that may appeal as have never been before.

pinkmagic1 Wed 24-Sep-08 10:37:04

Anyone?

TotalChaos Wed 24-Sep-08 10:41:41

st. stephen's green (park in centre) has a playground. you could get the DART (rapid transit system) out to Howth - it has a harbour with nice cafes and a playground, and is rather attractive.

ChippyMinton Wed 24-Sep-08 16:06:51

Ride the LUAS tram.

go up a tower

Take him shopping in Penneys (Primark). My DC love to do this, the clothes are so cheap I let them choose whatever they want.

lindseyfox Sun 28-Sep-08 14:28:29

go on the tour bus, my husband and I did this last nov and had a great day as can hop on and off all over the city centre

Hassled Sun 28-Sep-08 14:45:31

Dublin Zoo is one of the best I've been to - I prefer it to London Zoo. I second the DART suggestion - whether you head to Co Wicklow or up to Howth the views are lovely.

NL3 Sun 28-Sep-08 14:51:17

The Viking Splash tour is great, similar to the London Duck. Phoenix Park to see the deer and visit the zoo. Malahide is terrific (on the DART) there's a great playground at Malahide Castle and the village itself is great, lots of places to eat and nice shops, a marina, beach etc etc

PinkTulips Sun 28-Sep-08 15:00:02

the zoo have a baby giraffe and a baby elephant at the moment so well worth a trip... 42euros for 2 adults and a child but my frined was up a few weeks ago and said it's well worth it as they've got lots going on at the minute.

will be bringing my two up in a few weeks to it.

feed the ducks on stephens green too and head and do some shopping across the road while you're there wink

hadababy Mon 27-Oct-08 11:50:55

If it's raining, you could go to Imaginosity www.imaginosity.ie - hop on the Luas to Stillorgan and it's a short walk from there. I haven't been myself yet but it's supposed to be fantastic. Also in the same area (Kilmacud Luas stop) is Airfield www.airfield.ie which has a farm & ideal for kids.

The zoo is great too although we were there a few weeks ago and there's a bit of construction work going on in the African Plains section.

Viking Splash tours stop for the winter I believe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now