Talk

Advanced search

Cottages with baby - advice please

(15 Posts)
Nik72 Sun 27-Feb-05 08:09:12

Am hoping to do a week in a cottage in June - 2 couples each with small baby (3-4 months). We're thinking of Scotland or North Wales or anywhere with nice walking but baby-friendly. Devon/Cornwall probably a bit too far as we'd be driving from Edinburgh.
Have got some ideas from archived threads but any other advice/websites would be very gratefully received - thanks

Nik72 Sun 27-Feb-05 10:11:24

bump

Yorkiegirl Sun 27-Feb-05 10:24:36

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Sun 27-Feb-05 10:25:23

Message withdrawn

Nik72 Sun 27-Feb-05 10:58:47

Thank you - will be rather new to this holidaying with baby lark! Used to actively avoid anywhere child friendly.....

suzywong Sun 27-Feb-05 11:47:21

I do wish I didn't keep reading this thread as cottag-ing

soapbox Sun 27-Feb-05 12:16:15

There was a lovely cottage company on the mumsnet discount thread IIRC yes! here it is . They were all very child friendly.

I like ruralretreats I have stayed in several of their properties and have always been really really pleased with them.

The national trus cottages are also beautiful and immaculately kept. Many of them are part of hte NT estates which means you have the freedom to stroll round the grounds after its shut to visitors!

Lucycat Sun 27-Feb-05 14:23:43

If you fancy North Wales, then this company are quite reasonably priced and quite a few of their houses will provide cots etc. We've used them a few times and been really pleased.

Hulababy Mon 28-Feb-05 09:20:49

WE have stopped in UK and French cottages both pre and post DD. We always use Welcome Cottages and have been very pleased with them.

anorak Mon 28-Feb-05 09:43:32

Yes, when ds was a baby have rented a couple of cottages from Classic Cottages

\link{http://www.classiccottages.co.uk
\here}

and they were very good.

anorak Mon 28-Feb-05 09:44:17

oops, dunno what went wrong there..

alicatsg Mon 28-Feb-05 09:54:57

I'm dubious about the parents need pampering thing - their smaller house was a deathtrap for an active toddler as nothing closed properly. We ended up leaving after 1 night as it was just too stressful to be there and not a holiday at all.

anorak Mon 28-Feb-05 09:57:26

I always took certain things with me to help me out. Stairgates, straps and harnesses etc. And on arrival put all the ornaments on high shelves.

CelluliteQueen Fri 25-Mar-05 06:53:24

Only just seen this thread but can definitely recommend this company for holidays on the beautiful Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales. We have used them loads of times: their prices are really cheap, particularly out of season and their customer care second to none. Great no-nonsense website too and they also do really cheap long weekends.

bodenmum Sat 26-Mar-05 20:32:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now