Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been on holiday in Taba (Egypt) recently?

(7 Posts)
orangina Tue 23-Sep-08 11:01:50

We went on holiday to Taba about 2-3 years ago and stayed at the Hyatt Regency. Had a great time, though by the end of our week we were not loving the Russian contingent much, but it was fine... Since then, I've read terrible reviews about how the russian all inclusive holiday makers had ruined the resort etc etc etc...

(Sorry, this is sounding very anti-russian, its really not meant to be...)

We had booked to go on holiday to Soma Bay (s of Hurgada), which has been cancelled due to the XL fiasco and I really want to book another scuba/snorkelling holiday in the Red Sea (original choice of hotel now fully booked...). Recent TripAdvisor reviews of Taba all good again, has anyone been recently who can comment?

Thanks!

orangina Tue 23-Sep-08 11:22:33

(bump)

themoon66 Tue 23-Sep-08 11:54:56

OOh, me me me. I came back 2 weeks ago. Stayed at the Hyatt too.

There were only one or two eastern europeans there. They stood out as they wore tiny gold thongs and were VERY rude to the lovely egyptian staff sad

I heard from a guest on the bus the russians tend to stay at the Sofitel and the Three Corners as they get all inclusvie there. The Hyatt only do half board.

I know some at work who went to the Intercontintal in May and said it was very good. Also, I know someone who went to the Marriott who said it too was good, but they like the look of the Hyatt better.

Talking to the beach staff, the Hyatt is the only hotel with coral and pretty fish accessible by jetty.

bluesky Tue 23-Sep-08 13:02:14

go the Hyatt Regency at Sharm, it's fantastic, and has it's own coral reef. Been twice now it's so good.

orangina Tue 23-Sep-08 14:51:52

Brilliant, thanks both of you... themoon66, so glad you had such a great time, am tempted to go back there now that they have got rid of the russian all inclusive crowd.... we loved the jetty and snorkelling the last time we went, am trying to recreate that again.... did you go half board?

themoon66 Wed 24-Sep-08 11:11:15

Yes, we went half board. DS got his own room as there was no single supplement. We also got a free upgrade to a sea view room.

We went with Longwood holidays and the rep told us at the meeting that Hyatt only did half board now.

We found we didnt need much lunch anyway as breakfast was so good. We just got a pizza to share or a sandwich if we were at waterworld.

orangina Wed 24-Sep-08 15:22:34

Have just booked! Am so excited, I don't care that I can just see grey drizzle from my window..... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now