Talk

Advanced search

Center parcs in Holland - anyone been and what is the difference to here?

(9 Posts)
Holymoly321 Sat 20-Sep-08 18:19:12

We;ve done a lot of centerparc holidays in the uk but are thinking of going to Holland next year. Anyone been? What is the difference accomodation , site facilites wise etc and cost to here?

katch Sat 20-Sep-08 19:06:22

We've been twice to De Kempervennen. I think it was about a third cheaper than UK.

The swimming pool is pretty much the same (ie the dcs love it and I hate it), but there's no spa.

There's a ski dome on site which is run by a separate company, but you can do lessons there.

Also a lake with otters which they feed every day.

We played the odd game of badminton/ table tennis/ football/ crazy golf, and there might be archery, but I don't think it's quite so geared up to constant entertainment like the UK ones seem to be.

We spent most of our time ski-ing and swimming.

One thing which struck me: as with other continental countries, people seem to be happy just to be together as a family, so we found the atmosphere more relaxed.

Also, how can I put this, not so much 'sportswear as casual clothes' in evidence.

Racers Sat 20-Sep-08 19:42:17

de eemhof - small. Day trip to Amsterdam easy. Cheap (though negated for us by cost of ferry!) small farm, lovely for our 2 yo dd. Pool same. No spa. Looked good for watersports (big lake/dyke). Sorry brief - tapping letters on tiny iPod.

katch Sat 20-Sep-08 20:41:08

Watersports available at DK also, but we went in autumn/winter.

SqueakyPop Sat 20-Sep-08 20:44:13

I have never been in the UK, but have been to Kempervennen. I thought it was really good. The accommodation was spacious and generous.

The site facilities were very good. The pinnacle was the indoor ski area, but they also had lots of watersports (waterski by aerial tow), usual gym stuff, and a children's farm.

Holymoly321 Sat 20-Sep-08 21:20:51

thanks guys, we'd be going with our three year old and one year old DS's who are only really interested in being in the pool or spending time with DH and I anyway so that sounds good (and def would appreciate a little less of the sportswear - ahem!)

Racers Sun 21-Sep-08 19:38:11

hm - we went with dd when she was 2. The farm was lovely. Also a free show every day. She loved it tho didn't understand a word!

hotpotmama Sun 21-Sep-08 21:53:13

We went to de Kempervennen when our DS's were 4 and 2.5. Was great. Hired bikes and cycled everywhere. They loved the pool as there were no age restrictions on the slides, they leave it up to the parents. The play areas were good as was the farm.

The only downside is that more people over there seem to smoke, but its not bad enough to put you off going.

triplets Sun 21-Sep-08 23:09:00

We went to Port Zelande in April, about 4 hour drive from Calais. Absolutely fab, we had a deluxe villa with our own sauna for 450 euros for a mid week break, there meal deals are very good value, would really recommend them, bike hire was very cheap and there are lovely rides along the beaches. 10/10!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now