Talk

Advanced search

France...Holiday Parks - Siblu etc. and Tesco Clubcard Deals

(9 Posts)
CJMommy Sat 20-Sep-08 15:29:18

Would like to book a holiday (Holiday park - Siblu or similar) to France next year. Can you all advise on my options please?

1) Have £260 worth of Tesco vouchers to use
2) Would like warm weather
3) Not in school holiday time (around beginning of sept)
4) Holiday is for DH, me and DS who will be one in January (19 months-ish in sept)
5) Would like lively place with lots of family entertainment (but not too Chav-esque hmm)
6) Not a tent

So, where would you go, would you fly or ferry and who would you go with? Or if anyone can recommend other holidays they've taken with a little one (and clubcard vouchers0 would be most grateful grin

fatzak Sat 20-Sep-08 15:47:27

Will be watching this CJMommy as we are hoping to use our vouchers too. Have been looking at Canvas as I think they are part of Frenchlife and seem cheaper than Siblu.

Holymoly321 Sat 20-Sep-08 18:17:26

Hi there, we went to Les Charmettes with Siblu in June - didn't use vouchers as we dint#' know about them! But it was lovely. The site was user friendly,great pools (tho the indoor one was a bit small - but it did have a 'jacuzzi' and the caravan was spotless. The nearby town of St Palais was absolutely beautiful with a gorgeous cove beach very suitable for toddlers. they did have eve ent but never went so not sure what it was like tho.HTH

CJMommy Sat 20-Sep-08 22:41:33

Thaks HolyMoly. A site called La Sirene (I think) looks quite good but just wanted some opinions. I found Canvas too....Can anyone recommend one over the other?

CJMommy Sat 20-Sep-08 22:51:10

BUMP...would be really grateful as will be first holiday abroad with DS so any advice?????

CJMommy Sun 21-Sep-08 21:18:41

Bump...Last try Anyone?

Have just returned from holiday in france with canvas so can only give some advice on them.

Canvas now own Frenchlife, which has been renamed Canvas Life.

If you are looking at going next Sept, do what we did and wait off till end of July. Prices dropped massively, and we managed to get 10nights in the biggest (and more luxurious) mobile home for just £310 (includes ferry crossing).

The site we went to was lovely, nice big toddler pool, play parks, trampolines etc. However can't gurantee weather and no family entertainment as such

Leslaki Sat 27-Sep-08 14:51:11

We went here this year with canvas Life and paid for it with our tesco vouchers. flew with BA into venice for about £240 for 3 of us. campsite is about 40 mins away from airport. It was so good we've booked to go back next August!!!!

Other canvas Life sites I've been on and can recommend are:
Brittany
camping les deux Raguenes
Camping Mane Guernehue
Vilage la plage - basic site but fab location right on the beach

Vendee
Camping Acapulco - fab!!
Camping le bois masson - a Siblu site and I would avoid it!!! It was very british and haveny and right on a main rd!

Have a fab hol!

Leslaki Sat 27-Sep-08 15:09:44

We went here this year with canvas Life and paid for it with our tesco vouchers. flew with BA into venice for about £240 for 3 of us. campsite is about 40 mins away from airport. It was so good we've booked to go back next August!!!!

Other canvas Life sites I've been on and can recommend are:
Brittany
camping les deux Raguenes
Camping Mane Guernehue
Vilage la plage - basic site but fab location right on the beach

Vendee
Camping Acapulco - fab!!
Camping le bois masson - a Siblu site and I would avoid it!!! It was very british and haveny and right on a main rd!

Have a fab hol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now