Talk

Advanced search

carseat - bring our own or rent?

(5 Posts)
cally10 Sat 20-Sep-08 08:56:48

Hi there,

Just wondering what other ppl usually do when travelling abroad. We're going to Ireland for a long weekend (travelling with Ryanair) & will be renting a car. Our toddler will need a carseat but I'm a bit hesitant about bringing ours on the plane. What do you usually do?

TIA

cluckyagain Sat 20-Sep-08 08:59:27

Have done both - rented one was supremely cr*p so will be taking own from now on! Don;t know if Ryanair charge for carriage though?

bobblehat Sat 20-Sep-08 09:04:26

We've always taken our own, and been pleased we have when we've seen the state of the rented ones. However much the airline charge, it's worth it.

cally10 Mon 22-Sep-08 01:16:00

Do you wrap the seat up in a bag or anything like that? We've got a maxi cosi priorifix & I'm a bit worried about the 'leg' part of the seat - though to be fair, I'm generally just worried about the seat getting damaged during transit.

TheBlonde Mon 22-Sep-08 07:38:43

you can buy a special bag, amazon sell them

some airlines will give you a big clear plastic bag to put them in

we have rented and they were rubbish (Germany), saw them in Spain (also looked rubbish), usually just take our own

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now