Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Better to fly with umbrella buggy in buggy bag or no bag??

(6 Posts)
SweetApril Thu 18-Sep-08 17:08:55

Hi. Urgent advice needed! I've got a buggy bag for my Maclaren Quest and was going to put it in that at the gate. Then I heard that it's better if the handlers can actually see it's a buggy and not just a black piece of luggage as less likely to damage it. Also I have to stopover for a few hours and will have to carry the buggy bag around. Anyone got any advice/experiences good or bad? Thanks!

2point4kids Thu 18-Sep-08 17:14:07

if you are taking it all the way to the gATE THEN I wouldnt worry about the bag. It will just be annoying puting it in and out the bag.

I just did 4 flights in 10 days with my double buggy. Took it to the gate each time, no bag and it was absoluetly fine. They took great care of it in all the airports.

Minniethemoocher Thu 18-Sep-08 17:52:02

Have always taken my Maclaren Techno XT up to the gate, then put it in a bag - it has survived numerous flights that way.

From what I have seen of baggage handlers, they couldn't careless if it is a buggy or not, it will still just be thrown about!

SweetApril Thu 18-Sep-08 18:25:35

Thanks 2.4 and Minnie! Will try without bag as already have about 3 tons of hand luggage to cart about - almost all for DD, of course!

yeahyeah Thu 18-Sep-08 18:53:34

bag is useful if you need to carry it over your shoulder at any point...and just to protect the buggy...(maybe) from the baggage handlers...

TheBlonde Thu 18-Sep-08 19:14:51

Being in a bag makes it less likely you will get it back at the gate at the other end although it depends on the airline. However it will be dry and probably still in one piece

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now