Talk

Advanced search

Things to do and places to go in Blackpool in October

(11 Posts)
LonelySingleMummy Tue 16-Sep-08 23:11:48

Hi I am taking my son to Blackpool for the weekend during the illuminations and wondered if anyone could recommend any nice family places to go??? We are going to the Tower and circus, Sealife centre and louis tussauds and have pencilled in Beaver Creek at the Pleasure Beach for a meal. All recommendations welcome, my son will be 1

llynnnn Wed 17-Sep-08 22:08:07

ooo i'm going to watch this with interest. we are going for 4 nights in oct with 2yr dd.
i've heard the tower is really good, but not sure where else to go

singyswife Wed 17-Sep-08 22:09:15

The sandcastle centre (swimming) is fantastic. Also just up the road there is farmer parrs which is a wee petting farm. Is very nice.

llynnnn Fri 19-Sep-08 16:22:01

singy, do u rate the sandcastle place for 2year olds? on the website it says the little slides etc are for over 3's? i know dd will want to go on them ALL, she is tall for her age, do u know if they are strict on it?

singyswife Fri 19-Sep-08 17:31:26

there are a few slides that your dd can go on. I went on them too so they are not small. There are some massive slides that she wont get on but then my 5yo didnt get on them either. I would recomment it.

lizandlulu Sat 20-Sep-08 15:29:34

i am going in oct too!! first time staing in my caravan, should be interesting.if oyu want to go to the tower circus, make sure you get your ticket early on in the day as they can sell out really quick. the price is included in the tower ticket,but you have to book your circus seat, iykwim.

so i am going to go into the tower to book the circus in the morning,then come out till i want to return to the tower nad do all that thats in there. you can come and go as much as you like all day once you have bought the ticket.

(sorry thats abit messed up, but i know what i mean!)

there is also the zoo in stanley park, boating lake in stanley park and a model village if you liek that sort of thing.
the piers are always good too, and ripleys believe it or not near the pleasure beach for older kids and adults.

singyswife Sat 20-Sep-08 20:52:04

Where are you staying??? We always do caravan holidays and have been to blackpool several times. Hope you all enjoy it.

lizandlulu Sun 21-Sep-08 19:48:54

did you mean me?? or the OP? i am staying at marton mere

singyswife Sun 21-Sep-08 20:16:55

i meant both of you.

LonelySingleMummy Mon 22-Sep-08 21:48:59

I'm staying at a lovely place called The Crest - check it out it's lovely!!!

MintChocAddict Mon 22-Sep-08 21:53:00

I second the Zoo. Have a lovely trip. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now