Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - please make sense of this sentence for me regarding passports ...

(11 Posts)
lovecamping Tue 16-Sep-08 21:27:41

I'm probably being dense but what does this mean:

"Your passport should be valid for at least six months on entry into Turkey and have at least three months' validity on the date you are exiting Turkey."

ds and dd1's passports only arrived last week, they are valid of 5 years. will their passports be okay?

SugaryBits Tue 16-Sep-08 21:29:47

Yes they will be fine, it just means that the passports should not expire until at least 3 months after the end of your holiday.

cmotdibbler Tue 16-Sep-08 21:29:55

Yes they'll be fine - what it means is there must be 6 months left before they expire when you go to Turkey, and still 3 months left when you go home

LIZS Tue 16-Sep-08 21:30:14

yes fine . It means that they cannot expire within 6 months of arrival or 3 months of leaving.

Ellbell Tue 16-Sep-08 21:30:26

Yes. You shouldn't travel if there is less then 6 months before your passport expires when you enter Turkey, OR if there will be less than 3 months left to run when you leave (i.e. if you stay for 3 months or more). So you'll be fine.

nigglewiggle Tue 16-Sep-08 21:30:46

Yes. It means that if you only have six months left on your passport, you can't stay more than 3 months. Does that make sense?

Hassled Tue 16-Sep-08 21:31:20

Yes. It means if you go to Turkey on the 1st Oct, they can't expire before the 1st April. If you leave Turkey on teh 1st Oct, they can't expire before 1st Jan. I think.

squeaver Tue 16-Sep-08 21:31:30

Yes. They mean your passports should not run out within six months of you arriving in Turkey. And should not run out with 3 months of you leaving Turkey.

So your los passports are fine for the next 4 and a half years!

lovecamping Tue 16-Sep-08 21:34:22

thank you everyone. not sure whats wrong with me these days. cant seem to think straight.

also would you guys travel to Turkey. having just read the FCO infor, its considered a high risk area for terrorists attacks ... we're doing Club Med

what do you think?

doodlebops Tue 16-Sep-08 21:35:05

i would say so as long as they dont expire 3 months before your return date and are valid for at least 6 months before you go. eg. if you were going for a fortnight in october but your passport ran out in december you wouldnt be able to go as you wouldnt have 6 months validity going into the country and you wouldnt have 3 months when you arrived back . thats how i would understand it anyway. does that make any sense at all? it did in my head!

doodlebops Tue 16-Sep-08 21:36:04

crikey this was an unanswered thread when i started typing, i must speed up a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now