Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland paris, by plane then train.....anyone done this?

(22 Posts)
Aimsmum Thu 24-Feb-05 13:18:08

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Thu 24-Feb-05 14:29:04

Message withdrawn

zippy539 Thu 24-Feb-05 14:38:38

Aimsmum - I've been to Disneyland on the train but that was from the centre of Paris itself. I wouldn't imagine it would be hard but I'm sure someone else will be able to give more details. I'll watch this thread with interest as I don't drive either and would love to do the same thing!

Tinker Thu 24-Feb-05 14:42:36

Depends what time you get to CDG. Can't iamgine this would be an unusual destination so suspect it'd be pretty straightforward

Aimsmum Thu 24-Feb-05 15:48:56

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 11:09:26

Message withdrawn

tamum Fri 25-Feb-05 11:21:48

Aimsmum, we went by taxi from CdG and although I can't remember the price it was certainly cheaper (just) for 4 of us than getting the bus would have been. I guess an alternative would be to get the Disneyland Resort bus to just outside the park, then go back one stop on the train? That would be cheaper than a taxi if there are two of you, but might be more complicated than getting two trains, I don't know. Or get the bus to one of the resort hotels and then get a taxi from there to your hotel?

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 11:30:46

Message withdrawn

tamum Fri 25-Feb-05 11:57:53

Hi Aimsmum We actually got a taxi on the way back, not the way there, so the hotel booked it for us. We got the bus on the way in but had to wait ages. I think it's pretty easy to get taxis from CdG, but if you can book it in advance and they make it clear where you go to find it in CdG (a big place, after all!) then I would go ahead. I don't think the bus would be much less than £50 for 3 in any case. The taxi did take about half an hour, yes. Have fun!

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 12:00:46

Message withdrawn

PinkWebby Fri 25-Feb-05 12:02:09

Just to add on not about travel and about Disneyland Paris, I took my daughters there last summer for 4 days. Although it cost me roughly about the same price as you, it then cost me that again in food and presents. It was fun and I watched the video of it again last night with my DD's, but I do wish I had gone away for a weeks holiday somewhere else.

Best of luck with your trip

tamum Fri 25-Feb-05 12:03:05

That sounds perfect Aimsmum.

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 12:14:43

Message withdrawn

PinkWebby Fri 25-Feb-05 12:15:49

No problem, I hope you have a great time, it is great to see their faces when they walk into the kingdom, make sure you take a video camera with you.

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 12:18:24

Message withdrawn

spinelli Fri 25-Feb-05 13:47:14

hi aimeesmum which hotel are you staying in?
Iam going with dd in April and staying in the sequoia...we too have decided to get a taxi from the airport as the buses and trainns sound a nightmare.

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 16:24:43

Message withdrawn

paolosgirl Fri 25-Feb-05 16:29:05

Will watch this with interest - we want to do the same thing later this year.

Can I ask - which hotel are you staying in?

paolosgirl Fri 25-Feb-05 16:29:39

Oops...your last post gave it's name

Aimsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 16:33:09

Message withdrawn

spinelli Sat 26-Feb-05 10:17:10

Iam not so so sure aimeeesmum about booking the taxi before we go??
Have thought about this and what if we can't find it and we waste time looking for it because we would have paid already.
Accordind to disboards.com its really easy to find the taxi rank and there are loads of taxis BUT it is important to agree a price with the driver before we set off.
We also booked everything seperatly and got a much better deal than going direct with the brochure packages.
although we would have got a better deal if we had booked our flights earlier.
the whole thing cost us about 850 pounds for 3 adults and 1 child 2 nights in sequoia lodge.

aimmesmum check out the dis boards ....loads of info on retarants etc. Are you going to book any character meals?

Aimsmum Sat 26-Feb-05 11:00:38

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: