Talk

Advanced search

Weekend away

(8 Posts)
AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 15-Sep-08 09:51:57

I'm going away this weekend to a hotel in Wales. It's a chain hotel so should be fairly big and I wondered if anyone had any tips for me especially on the following:

1. Sterlising (I'm thinking a tupperware container and Milton tablets)
2. Food (I'm desperately trying to get DS to eat some jars this week but he's nfi at present. Do hotels generally warm baby food for you? Will they mush veg?)
3. Sleeping (Would you trust babysitting services? I don't want to leave him in the room but dh says it'll be ok. I keep thinking Madeline McCann..rightly or wrongly)
4. Bedding (should I take his bedding - I think so as it'll be familiar)

I'd appreciate any tips or hints. DS is 7.5 months.

Thanks.

DrNortherner Mon 15-Sep-08 09:55:30

1. Sounds OK to me
2. They will warm babyfood - doubt they will mush veg
3. Get a babysitter. I would never leave my child alone in a hotel room.
4. They will provide bedding, it will be fine

Have a lovley time smile

Sawyer64 Mon 15-Sep-08 10:10:09

1. I bought those sterilising bags,brilliant! Just hung it round the bath/sink taps,and rinsed off with cool boiled water from kettle.

2.You can warm your jars with the boiling kettle water if you want to feed him in your room.or take some "home-made" puree with you in a cool bag and reheat same way.
Perhaps invest in a small food Flask for the first day.

3.I would leave a baby in a Hotel Room,if you felt it was secure.Take a Baby Listener with you,sometimes it works,make sure you have a battery one.Take turns to check on baby at intervals.Maybe the reception would let you put the listener next to them,if they know where you are in the Hotel.Alternatively,we hired a Babysitter from a company the hotel used,they were trained NNEBs/Maternity Nurses.Cost us £60.00.

4. Yes take Familiar Bedding and cot toys,especially anything Musical that they usually listen too.

HTH,Have a good Weekend.

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 15-Sep-08 10:27:31

Thank you both.

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 15-Sep-08 10:43:02

Sawyer - where di you get the sterlising bags from? Boots?
I've not heard or seen them..

DrNortherner Mon 15-Sep-08 10:46:50

Lol at conflicting advice here!

FWIW I don't think any hotel reception would take a babylistener for you.

I work in the industry and teh fact that many people in the hotel have a key to your room freaks me out far too much to leave my child in there. Not worried about abduction per se but the amount of hotel rooms broken into for theft puropses is HUGE.

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 15-Sep-08 10:51:20

I'm not leaving him. Just don't think I can. He can sleep in his buggy if push comes to shove. I'm usualy in bed by 9 anyway..! smile

Sawyer64 Mon 15-Sep-08 12:27:17

Yes I think it was Boots.
See HERE

Don't blame you for not wanting to leave him,I'm not sure I would.Just pointing out options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now