Talk

Advanced search

Do i sneak a child into a hotel room or pay for two rooms

(13 Posts)
mumwhereareyou Sat 13-Sep-08 12:04:23

We are travelling to Holland in oct half term and have to get the ferry early in the morning, so will travel down night before and stay over,

Anyway had at look at travelodge and they have a special on of £19.00 a room, so rung them and asked if 2 adults and 3 children could stay in room and got told no due to fire restrictions. Would have to have 2 rooms but they don't interconnect and means we would have to split up for one night.

Then rung premier lodge whom have rooms for £56.00 and would let us all sleep intogther.

DH says just book for one room with travelodge and ask for ground floor and then sneak extra child in. Children are 7, 5 and 3.

Just don't know what to do and wondered what you would do.

nickytwotimes Sat 13-Sep-08 12:10:10

If it was really expensive, I'd sneak the kid in. At £19 a room I think I'd take the extra room though. It will be more comfortable and you can all sit in 1 room together untill bed time anyway.

lulumama Sat 13-Sep-08 12:14:14

how do you plan on smuggling in a child.. wont; they notice at breakfast??

i would book the two rooms for £19 each or go back to them and say you would really like to give them your business, can they sort out a different room ?

zippitippitoes Sat 13-Sep-08 12:16:44

they are going to confuse them by going to and fro with only two kids all the time a sort of human relay system

DrNortherner Sat 13-Sep-08 12:20:45

For £19 I'd book 2 rooms.

ruty Sat 13-Sep-08 12:22:09

i don't know if you could sneak an extra chil in, presumably if you got found out you'd have to pay extra. Very tempting though, i mean i would not be too keen on leaving a 7 and 5 year old in a separate hotel room that did not adjoin. Tricky. I'd stay in the premier lodge.

DrNortherner Sat 13-Sep-08 12:24:19

Errr, no need to leave kids alone. 1 adult per room. It's only 1 night.

schneebly Sat 13-Sep-08 12:24:55

at that price I'd take 2 rooms and enjoy the extra space and 2 bathrooms!

schneebly Sat 13-Sep-08 12:26:04

adult in each room obv

namechanger13579 Sat 13-Sep-08 12:27:01

Get the 2 rooms, put dh & kids in one room and have the other to yourself grin

Overmydeadbody Sat 13-Sep-08 12:28:18

What namechanger said grin

It's only £19 so not a lot after all.

ChippyMinton Sat 13-Sep-08 12:28:35

We usually sneak the DC in, but I'd probably book two rooms at that price. Worth it for a decent night's sleep, 1 adult per room.

mumwhereareyou Sat 13-Sep-08 13:39:07

Thanks for you advice and have now booked two rooms and am pretty tempted by what namechanger said and let DH have the DC with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now