Talk

Advanced search

getting refund of deposit for a holiday booked for next year

(4 Posts)
12345678910 Fri 12-Sep-08 02:25:35

we have booked to go away nexy may have 200 of the holiday, and as far as i can read if we cancel we will lose r deposit is this rite?

we cant go now due to circumstances financial mainly but would hate to lose 200, so close to xmas too

Buda Fri 12-Sep-08 06:40:39

Yes I think you will lose the deposit. Basically part of the deposit is the insurance on the holiday and you are claiming on the insurance by cancelling. Most insurance policies have an excess i.e. you pay the first X amount so that will be the other portion you don't get back.

I would check the contract as to reasons allowed for cancellation - you may need supporting evidence.

Mutt Fri 12-Sep-08 07:15:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Fri 12-Sep-08 08:36:53

Deposit normally non-refundable and a scale of charges against the total cost kicks in on a fixed timescale, increasing as departure date approaches, so check the Terms adn Conditions. Hopefully it will be just the £200 now but if you paid a low cost Travel Agent's offer deposit there may yet be more due if that is less than the Tour Operator's norm, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now