Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking potty on holiday?? Only just thought about it ..

(12 Posts)
Bradsmum Wed 23-Feb-05 09:25:43

Hi - we're off on holiday early tomorrow and haven't much time to go shopping. Have only just thought about taking a potty for 2 yr old ds. He uses potty on/off during day. Is this what people do on holiday i.e. take potty on plane? it's quite bulky - or toilet seat thingy? Any ideas please??

sinclair Wed 23-Feb-05 11:25:50

We went through a stage of travelling with the potty in the UK - there's a stage with training when it's easiest to respond asap (tho hard shoulder of M40 was probably a mistake) and my DD was in that stage for a long time (SN). But I have to say even I never flew with one. I borrowed from family overseas, or threw one in the car for a trip to France I think. My suggestion would be the collapsible travel potty from Boots for a little botty, or a pull-up for the duration of flight, and buy a potty at the other end if you are really worried about your cherub weeing over someone else's beautiful bathroom. I guess it depends on where you are staying?

Bradsmum Wed 23-Feb-05 11:33:32

Thanks for that Sinclair - we are staying at a hotel in Egypt (Taba Heights) and I doubt very much that they have potties for guest use. If we weren't flying I guess I'd chuck one in the car but I guess even if we don't take it on the plane it still has to go in the suitcase. My ds is a large 2yr old - are the collapsable potties strong?

elliott Wed 23-Feb-05 11:37:27

OK, well I took a potty (normal standard size) on holiday last year on a plane. I'd take one if you normally use it a lot a home and ds isn't good with normal toilet seats.

LIZS Wed 23-Feb-05 11:38:18

We only ever travelled with a fold up toilet seat by Tommee Tippee, but probably ds was a bit older. Definitely use either pull ups or washable trainer pants (ie. Kooshies) druing the flight in case you can't to get to a toilet in time especially if the flight is busy, or he naps.

toomanypushchairs Wed 23-Feb-05 11:40:04

This is worrying me too, have 2yr dt's both boys, feel that this potty stage is going to last. Would I have time to set up a travel potty?

Bradsmum Wed 23-Feb-05 11:43:11

My concern is that ds is currently being potty trained - if I revert to pull ups (with the occasional visit to a toilet seat when we can get there in time) for the week we are away, is this going to upset him or set him back in potty training?

sinclair Wed 23-Feb-05 16:44:55

I wouldn't worry about using the pull-ups for a couple of hours - altho my mate who did it a lot, basically whenever they jumped in the car for 20 minutes, thinks it definitely confused her DD and delayed training. The travel potty thing (is it Tommee Tippee? Surely not but that is stuck in my head) is a bit wibbly wobbly tbh, so may not be suitable. Other idea - one of those trainer loo seats would be easier to pack?

006 Wed 23-Feb-05 16:49:36

I bought a fab travel potty for £5 from local independent chemist (DELMERGATE if any help). It was in 3 parts - fairly solid base, white insert that wee would drain through and a lid. This meant that it would not spill if tipped over. The lid was also miraculously smell proof. Q sturdy enough for 4 yo in emergency and for my recent morning sickness in the car.

Hulababy Wed 23-Feb-05 17:01:52

When we went to Florida we packed a cheap potty in the top of the case - as we knew at the time DD struglled to do a poo on anything but a potty.

In our normal day bag we took the travel potty which was useful when out and about.

Fran1 Wed 23-Feb-05 17:15:43

Will he not use a toilet seat? When we are out and about 2yr old dd sits on toilets and feels "special" by doing this! The only reason she mainly uses potty at home is then she can do it herself, rather than need me to hold her.

Have a lovely holiday!!

pixel Wed 23-Feb-05 20:38:59

I remember flying with my dd when she was 2.5 and we used pull-ups just for the flight. It didn't confuse her at all as it was all just part of the excitement of flying. (exciting to her-I hate it). At least it gave us one less thing to worry about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now