Talk

Advanced search

advice/tips please- - taking Baby on 1st holiday & long wait at airport...eeekkk!

(9 Posts)
mieowcat Wed 10-Sep-08 11:58:43

we're off to Spain in 2 1/2 weeks for 1st holiday with our DD1(8mths).
we are compiling list of what we will need to take for baby, seems like everything but the kitchen sink! we are staying in a villa. any suggestions or 'must-haves' we need to take? i know you can buy most stuff there but thats expensive with the crap euro rate!
the biggest worry is our last day we will be at Malaga airport at 10am and flight not till 9pm!!! what will i need? dreading it so any tips/experience/ideas very welcome!
thanx. wink

hifi Wed 10-Sep-08 12:32:57

why are you at the airport so early?

mieowcat Wed 10-Sep-08 19:48:22

because we have to vacate the villa and drop off hire car by 10am! bad timing as only flight home is 9pm. x

hifi Wed 10-Sep-08 20:24:23

i would get a cab from the airport and chill out on a beach if i were you, you cant hang around for that length of time. why not extend car hire for half a day?go shopping and lunch in marbella?
i would just take nappies, wet wipes and calpol.
or see if you can check into a hotel near the airport for half a day.

hifi Wed 10-Sep-08 20:32:57

try these
here

mieowcat Wed 10-Sep-08 21:34:40

Thanx, the hotel idea is great!

lilolilmanchester Thu 11-Sep-08 18:01:17

what about extending your car hire for a day? It would allow you to make best use of your last day and would be worth the money IMO.

mieowcat Fri 12-Sep-08 12:14:44

yes, i've emailed the holiday company to see if we can extend the car hire or vacate the villa later.

HeadFairy Fri 12-Sep-08 12:18:17

Would agree with others, extend car hire or find a hotel that'll let you have a room for a day. Or go to the beach...

We went to St Lucia in Jan with ds who was 4 months old at the time and it took us 4 hours to check in in a sweltering un-airconditioned airport, ds was completely chilled out, slept a lot in his buggy, I fed him a couple of times, changed his nappy in his pram... it was me who was getting worked up. It's amazing how much they'll tolerate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now