Talk

Advanced search

After such a bad summer I think we'll need some winter sun, but where?

(8 Posts)
CatMandu Wed 10-Sep-08 11:23:06

DH has a squillion air miles so we were wondering about using them to get away some point during the winter. No idea where to go, but after a dismal summer it has to have guaranteed sun.

Any ideas?

mumoftwinz Wed 10-Sep-08 11:46:59

We have just booked Mark Warner Egypt, coz guaranteed sun and supposed to be great childcare and not too long a flight.

RTKangaMummy Wed 10-Sep-08 11:57:48

We are going to Maldives for Christmas & New Year

Deffo sunny there

smilesmilesmile

RTKangaMummy Wed 10-Sep-08 11:59:11

We are going to Maldives for Christmas & New Year

Deffo sunny there

smilesmilesmile

notcitrus Wed 10-Sep-08 13:44:38

Barcelona? Has both city stuff and beaches, although may not be that warm.

Don't go to Istanbul in winter - we did and it flooded. Last day we went to the airport early just to stay dry.

pattymc Wed 10-Sep-08 13:53:49

depends on budget obviously but the canary islands are pretty much guaranteed sunshine all year and not too far to go with kids and there are SOME nice parts of Tenerife BUT not somewhere I would choose if money not an object. We're off to Cape Town in January and pretty warm there. We love it, journey not so great as 12 hour flight but no jet lag and worth it when you get there. Thailand is another favourite

CatMandu Wed 10-Sep-08 17:31:24

I'll look into the weather in Egypt. We've done Terirife and Lanzagrotty before and as you say it wouldn't be our first choice, but it is near I guess.

Off to check out weather in Barcelona too.

marge2 Fri 12-Sep-08 22:07:58

What's the weather like in the Algarve end OCt i.e half term?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now