Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Halkidiki

(7 Posts)
marbeth Tue 22-Feb-05 21:15:24

We have booked to go in summer.Never been to Greece before.

Hulababy Tue 22-Feb-05 21:17:05

Ooh, a few years ago I did. It was my first holiday abroad We stayed on the middle penisula. Remembering it being lovely.

Not much hlelp I know, but brought back good memories of mine and DH's (then bf) first holiday.

JanH Tue 22-Feb-05 21:25:10

Oh, I have such incredible memories of Halkidiki, although it was 30 years ago!!!!! (Must have been good, we came home and got married just like that!)

We camped on the beach on the middle finger, by Neas (?) Marmaras. The R finger is Mt Athos where only men could go then, not sure about now; forget what the L finger is called. A bank used to come into town in a caravan 2 or 3 times a week and £10-worth of drachmae would last 2-3 days - sigh - .

They used to turn off the water every afternoon.

A huge new hotel/marina development was being built then, named after the builder, whose name escapes me but begins with a C. (Carras???) Lovely beaches though and lovely warm clear sea and I assume that is still the same. Blissful place!

sonnysmum Thu 03-Mar-05 20:15:48

Stayed in a very posh hotel in Halkidiki, really nice (can't remember the name...sorry). Gorgeous weather, georgeus sea, etc etc!

betamum Fri 04-Mar-05 14:47:18

we stayed in porto sani village in halkidiki last summer. brought dds - 2.5 and 8m.fantastic. lovely beach. lovely staff. good food. excellent acommodation. didn't use kid's club as only fr 4yrs.villa near lobby bar (with pleasant live music), so came out most evenings to spend QT with dh, with baby monitor in purse. dh is always sceptical re 'family holidays', but i've overheard him raving about it to friends (when he thinks i'm not listening!!!). where are you staying, marbeth?

marialuisa Fri 04-Mar-05 15:24:26

yes, in some remote villa right at the bottom of the first prong. Can't remember the village name but it was lovely!(about 6 years ago)

marbeth Fri 04-Mar-05 22:20:28

Hi Betamum

we are staying in the Oceania Club.It is a new all inclusive hotel which is going to be managed by Sani.However it does not open till May.Recieved information back from sani and hotel sounds very promising with choice of 4 restaurants and excellant chidrens facilites.However waiting to see first reviews when hotel opens.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: