Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know how far it is from Calais to Eurodisney?

(17 Posts)
johnbarrowmanlovesme Sun 07-Sep-08 13:50:29

We are thinking of going in November. Instead of going on the ferry, for an extra £80 we can go on the Eurotunnel, would that be a lot quicker?

Also, I believe the food is very expensive so would go equipped for picnics but how much spending money would you say we would need approx??

TIA
x

johnbarrowmanlovesme Sun 07-Sep-08 14:09:05

I think I meant Disneyland Paris

LIZS Sun 07-Sep-08 14:27:41

About 300km iirc (200ish miles), around 3 hours driving along motorways (tolls payable). Makes little odds from Calais whether ferry or tunnel terminal but you could save as much as an hours transit time by taking tunnel. The restaurants in the park have set menus for which you can get an indication of price from the website, they vary a lot but maximum is 55e adult/20e child for 3 courses an drink. If you are staying all day at that time of year you'd probably need one hot meal. Snacks such as waffles and crepes, ice cream and drinks are available from stands dotted around for 3e.

abouteve Sun 07-Sep-08 14:32:42

I've been and remember its around three hours from Calais. We were only there a short time and the ferry was delayed due to storms.

The food was very nice. Far better than you would get at a theme part in the UK, so worth budgeting to have one hot meal a day.

ClairePO Sun 07-Sep-08 14:37:12

Tolls are Euro19.50 each way.

johnbarrowmanlovesme Sun 07-Sep-08 18:59:13

Thanks for the info smile Glad to hear the food is ok, can't wait to go now, going to phone for a quote in the morning smile

I didn't realise it was that far to drive. What about flying then, do you end up any closer to the park?

naturalblonde Sun 07-Sep-08 19:04:15

What LIZS said. Makes no difference time wise really, you still have to check in ages before train goes. I prefer ferry, more stuff to do, train is boring. I've driven coach loads of kids to France, and ferry is always better for them as they can run around, on the train they're restricted pretty much to one carriage.

LIZS Sun 07-Sep-08 19:08:44

CDG airport is probably about 30 minutes away by road. By train you can do Eurostar straight to DLP from London or Ashford.

dizzymac Sun 07-Sep-08 19:45:13

I would recommend going for the half board option. You get 1 meal a day with that in a variety of places and it saved us about 30 euros a day!. That way you only have to pay for your lunch.
We took £300 for 5 days and that covered evrything else. We struggled to spend it to be honest but we don't tend to buy from gift shops. The children brought money from GPs and just spent that.
We had a great time and stayed at The Cheyenne which we are staying at again next year.

chocolatemummy Sun 07-Sep-08 19:48:44

I would reccomend not driving and goin the euro tunnel from Ashford kent, you can park your car there securely, get on the euro tuunnel direct and it literally takes you to the gates of Euro Disney and free pink busses will take you to the front door of most of the hotels at disney and in the surrounding resort area, no maps, no tolls, no petrol, Bliss

johnbarrowmanlovesme Sun 07-Sep-08 20:18:56

Thanks for all the info. Need to decide ferry or boat by tomorrow (before DH changes his mindabout going wink)

Sorry for all the questions but approx how long on ferry / eurotunnel then?

The offer I have seen is for the Davey Crocket Ranch, it looks a bit basic but has good ratings, anyone been there?

forevercleaning Sun 07-Sep-08 20:31:32

35 mins tunnel, you can turn up early and just get on the next train, we never get on the one we are supposed to do.

doersnt take long to load and unload, and all your customs stuff will be dealt with this side so you just drive off the train and on your journey.

ferry cannot remember been so long but an hour and half seems to ring a bell, dover/folkstone to calais

forevercleaning Sun 07-Sep-08 20:32:52

Ferry does take much longer for loading and unloading but is also quite fun for the kids on a ferry.

Leslaki Sun 07-Sep-08 20:46:21

I hate the tunnel and love the ferry grin - keep remebering the horror last year when the power went in the tunnel for 4 hours - Nightmare!! Ferry gives you a break from the car and lets you stretch your legs an have a meal. You'll love DLP - going again next May!

LIZS Sun 07-Sep-08 21:23:23

Ferry takes an hour and 15 mins ish, was running a bit late yesterday presumably due to iffy weather. We had time for a relaxed meal and a few hands of cards.

johnbarrowmanlovesme Wed 10-Sep-08 13:59:32

I have booked it! Got a bargain, £320! We are going at the beginning of Dec when they have all the Christmassy stuff going on
Haven't told DC yet, am so exited won't be able to keep it to myself for long smile

Gravitygirl Mon 22-Sep-08 09:50:06

Oh, would you mind telling me who you booked through and how long you are going for etc...

We are looking to go in Nov too.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now