Talk

Advanced search

What do you do with your cash when you're going through security?

(11 Posts)
KerryMum Sun 07-Sep-08 13:46:31

because your bags can go through the x-ray machine a lot quicker than you go through at times and it's a tangle of people. I can easily see someone making off with wallets. I was worried about my laptop last time but was ok.

Lilymaid Sun 07-Sep-08 14:05:36

Leave it in your bag and watch bag like hawk. DH nearly lost a bag once when one identical went through within seconds of his. He (like most men) always end up emptying pockets into the small plastic crates and then being body searched because there is still some money stuck in a forgotten pocket.

cmotdibbler Sun 07-Sep-08 19:50:16

I always put my handbag on last, and don't put it on until it looks like I'll go through straight away.

Make sure that your laptop has an ID sticker on it as they do get confused

KerryMum Sun 07-Sep-08 20:16:08

id sticker?

cupsoftea Sun 07-Sep-08 20:17:30

Place is full of security so should be fine

kama Sun 07-Sep-08 20:18:41

Message withdrawn

Jackstini Sun 07-Sep-08 20:21:03

Any sticker that you will recognise. Otherwise 4 identical Dells coming off is asking for someone to pick up the wrong one!

KerryMum Sun 07-Sep-08 20:22:57

Ah!

So no one carries their cash on their person while going through?

LaDiDaDi Sun 07-Sep-08 20:26:12

I picked up a mobile phone this year and gave it to dp. He walked a long for a bit then realised that he had picked up his phone and I had walked off with an identical one. We turned around nd there was a guy frantically searching for his so even if unintentionally stuff can go missing at security.

cmotdibbler Sun 07-Sep-08 20:40:06

A sticker with your name on is best as its really obvious. A US travel security guy recommended to me that I have a sticker with name and postcode on the lid as also if you forget it they can trace you easily.

KerryMum Mon 08-Sep-08 09:35:01

thanks lads I wouldn't have thought of that re laptop. I put it through in case but open last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now