Talk

Advanced search

Graco Car Seat Query

(4 Posts)
threekidsareyoumad Fri 05-Sep-08 14:50:47

I have just been bought a Graco travel system for my impending arrival which comes with a car seat. The man in the shop showed me how to fit it and then said I needed to push the front passenger seat up against it so that it was effectively jammed and this gave protection from rear impact collisions. I've already got 2 children and have not heard of such a thing before. Has anyone else?

shelleylou Fri 05-Sep-08 14:59:04

i had a graco travel system and was never told that about the passenger seat. Did have the base for it aswell

suiledonn Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:11

I had one with the car seat base and to be honest I hated it. Unless you jammed the seat against it it wasn't very secure and it was too upright for a very small baby. Used it for dd but have bought a Silver Cross for the impending arrival.

threekidsareyoumad Fri 05-Sep-08 15:10:16

I just spoke to Graco as the more I thought about it the more I thought that can't be right as what if you had baby on driver's side and had shortish legs (like mine!). They said that was totally the wrong advice and that it was actually dangerous to jam baby in because of shock absorbtion and gave me some physics - basically I was given bad and dangerous advice! Thanks for your comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now