Talk

Advanced search

12 hour flight with an 18 month old - any sleep inducing medicines I should know about?

(3 Posts)
pattymc Thu 04-Sep-08 20:43:35

and any other tips would be great as I'm very nervous! thanks so much

Portofino Thu 04-Sep-08 21:01:38

My sister always recommends Medised but....I must admit we never did such a long flight so early, but dd flew a number of times before she was 2.

Try to feed or dummy during take off and landing to help their ears pop. With dd I always found the "gentle hum" of flying made her sleep most of the way - obviously won't be case with 12 hour flight though. Can you fly overnight when dc would normally be asleep?

Other than that a bag full of stuff. Snacks / drinks / little toys/books etc - somehting new for every half an hour or so? (nothing too fiddly as it is a PITA to find little things when they get dropped on the floor.

Going for a walk about - turbulence permitting. Will you get a seat back TV? That might pass a bit of time.

pattymc Thu 04-Sep-08 21:06:44

planning to borrow a portable dvd player and I like the sound of a new toy every half hour - it's a night flight but you never know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now