Talk

Advanced search

12 hour flight with an 18 month old - any sleep inducing medicines I should know about?

(5 Posts)
pattymc Thu 04-Sep-08 20:42:41

and any other tips would be great as I'm very nervous! thanks so much

fizzbuzz Thu 04-Sep-08 21:01:26

<whispers> Medised. Devil's brew apparently but works fantastically

Recent thread on here revealed some adult medised junkies grin

fizzbuzz Thu 04-Sep-08 21:04:06

Have just realised that I don't think it is available for under 2's anymore.

Sorry, perhaps someone who hasn't had their brain sucked out by terrible toddler will be able to give better advice blush

pattymc Thu 04-Sep-08 21:08:33

definitely giving it a go

Catper33 Fri 05-Sep-08 01:32:54

There is a lot of info around about giving children 'sleep inducing' stuff before travel including the timing of it. Have a look to make sure it is right for you. Some children become hyperactive, others have a hang over like feeling when they wake up and can be more problematic. Therefore the sugestion is always to check with a Dr. first and to try out whatever you intend to give as you don't want to find out it turns your child into a monster when on the flight!!!!!
We have travelled with our 2 under 2's and have taken small, cheap toys, dvd etc and things haven't been too bad. In a couple of months we are flying from NZ to UK with them both so I am a little nervous about this really long flight although we have done it before. We have taken wrapped presents- selotape, pipe cleaners, stickers, self inking stamps amongst other things in the past.

Think of it as an adventure and it is only a short period of time in the scheme of things!!

Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now