Talk

Advanced search

DS (13) going skiing with school , also first big trip from home! -top tips on what to take please!

(7 Posts)
dramaqueen72 Mon 21-Feb-05 10:28:23

ds is going skiing in america with his school next month. i have a very short list of what he needs from school, but i'm concerned about any 'little' essential i might not know about or pack (dont ski myself) any help purlease....
also its his first big trip away from home, so anything that could ease this for him>?
any thing especially good for long flights or waiting around in airports?
I think i'm more nervous than him!

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 10:47:29

how old is he?

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-05 11:26:02

Make sure everything is warm. Go for layers rather than bulk, so a couple of long sleeved vests or t shirts, polo necks, a fleece or two (sleeveless ones are great as less bulky) and a windproof/waterproof outer layer. Hat and fleece ear band. We found that a sort of neckwarmer (like a cylinder of fleece fabric to go over head) was great and far better than a scarf against the chill. Worth investing in good quality gloves, socks and sunglasses/goggles. You can also get mini combi packs of cream and lipsalve to reapply whilst out and then he can apply normal suncream in the morning and top up. He could also take a couple of changes of casual clothes for evenings but these could double up as under layers for later in the week.

dramaqueen72 Mon 21-Feb-05 12:33:52

hes 13.

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 12:40:18

so he will prob want to talk to his friends

could take gameboy or books

put name tags in everything

pants and socks especially

dramaqueen72 Mon 21-Feb-05 13:27:39

thankyou lizs and kanga.

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 13:49:57

I know how you feel my DS is going to Wales for 5 days in june with his school

I am so worried about it

My DS is 9

I will be here asking the same thing then I am sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now