Talk

Advanced search

booking holidays when pregnant - anyone else had problems?

(4 Posts)
ELG Mon 01-Sep-08 14:18:01

hello
new to mumsnet and wanted other mums' thoughts. i'm currently 6 months pregnant and we already have a 3 year old.

i wanted to book a really lovely holiday next year (cos we really, really need one) and i've been told that i may not necessarily be able to book now to take advantage of offers for next year as we don't have the DoB of our next child so the travel agents won't be able to process his/her details..surely we aren't the only parents who have had this scenario and it seems a bit mad to me.

anyone else experienced this?
thanks

terf Mon 01-Sep-08 16:38:34

We were wanting to book for next year as well - want to go back to Australia where my family are after the baby is born but there seems to be no way around it - you just have to wait till baby is here it seems - unless someone else found a way around it.

giantkatestacks Fri 05-Sep-08 11:54:42

you can book the flights separately and then add an infant on - BA let you do this but i dont know how you book a whole package...sorry this isnt very helpful is it...(gets coat)

tiredemma Fri 05-Sep-08 11:57:45

Who has told you that??

Its rubbish-
you can book, I did it many times as a travel agent.

If you do have to give a date then give the estimated date of arrival- then change it once the baby is born

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now