Talk

Advanced search

Can't drive, advice on bikes needed

(3 Posts)
onefunkymama Sun 31-Aug-08 20:20:43

Hi

I can't drive my kids to school, I have one 5 who can nearly ride a bike and another 4 who is some way off riding a bike. Has anyone used one of the kids bike things that clip onto the back of an adult bike (a single wheel thingy with pedals) I was wondering whether they make the bike unstable (don't trust youngest not to muck about.) I think bike seats and trailers are too small for my kids. Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

DrGeorge Sun 31-Aug-08 20:24:28

We have a tagalong bike we have used for both our boys, starting aged 4. They both love them, can do some work and whilst you can feel the bike on the back (harder work going up hills etc they don't make the bike feel anywhere near as unstable as having a largish toddler in a babyseat on the back of a bike. I heartily recommend them.

onefunkymama Sun 31-Aug-08 20:32:19

Thanks DrGeorge, i was looking at one of those 2 seater trailers as well, wondering if you had any experience using them and would 2 children fit at this age comfortably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now