Talk

Advanced search

Taxi service in West London with car seats?

(8 Posts)
Daffodilly Sun 31-Aug-08 18:09:15

Does anyone know a taxi service that covers West London - going to Heathrow airport - that can provide child seats?

They all tell me taxis are exempt - but I don't fancy going down the M4 with my daughter on my lap!

She is almost 2 and her car seat is too big to take. What does everyone else do?

PortAndLemon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:13:22

New design black cabs have a fold-down booster-type seat in the middle of the back seat, but your DD is probably a bit young for that still.

PortAndLemon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:16:23

According to previous MN posts, Elite Cars will let you use your own car seat in their vehicles and then store it for you until you return.

Daffodilly Sun 31-Aug-08 19:04:55

Thanks P&L. Unfortunately she has a large rear facing car seat and it is a real pain to move from one car to another and VERY heavy. Good idea on the black cabs - I guess a booster would still be better than nothing.

sarah293 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:06:24

Message withdrawn

hillbilly Mon 01-Sep-08 13:55:17

Addison Lee use VW Sharan and they have pull down car seats which I think are suitable from 9kg upwards.

Wheelybug Mon 01-Sep-08 13:58:14

I was going to say Addison Lee - seats suitable from about 1 year (expensive though).

Daffodilly Mon 01-Sep-08 16:33:30

Perfect- that is exactly what I am after. Just called and as we aren't too far from the airport it doesn't even work out very much more expensive than a normal minicab. Worth it to have DD in a proper car seat.

Thanks very much for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now