Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

packing for holiday...

(9 Posts)
hatsoff Fri 18-Feb-05 15:22:40

..it does my head in. Big bag for whole family or two seperate bags? must remember those warm trousers of dds that are still drying on the radiator...why did washing their slippers seems like a good idea...just packed hats and gloves but they'll need them when we get there..does dd2 still need a mode of transport...how many marmite fingers should I make for a day long journey...seperate packed lunch each or pack food by type...crayons in my bag or should they have their own bags...one big piece of hand lugagge for everything or seperate small handbag...do I need a decent pair of shoes, in which case should I pack them or wear them; am I likely to wear a skirt on a ski-ing holiday and if so what shoes do I need...what will be too trendy friend be taking...shall I pack swimming costumes (as I have done every year for about 12 years) knowing that I never use them...oh and what is everyone having for tea tonight...HELP

hatsoff Fri 18-Feb-05 15:23:47

aaargh, just realised if I do use swimming costume, that means I need to do bikini line

Chuffed Fri 18-Feb-05 15:29:09

Good luck hatsoff - I'd make a list of the 'must remember'. Do take your swimming costume and a shaver and foam if you actually then need it do it then.
As for food, seperate packs but by type iykwim - always take more than you need.
Handbag might come in handy while on holiday (for an evening) but do you really need it on your journey can you flat pack it for the trip? I'd do two pieces of hand luggage, one for them and one for you (ie cameras, spare change etc).
If you forget something your too trendy friend will probably have it or you'll just have to buy it. Enjoy your break!

Chandra Fri 18-Feb-05 15:51:47

Separate bags but the less bags you have with you the better. Hats and gloves in your hand bag along with crayons and toys that way you won't find out at night that teddy didn't come back to the car after the break. Pack food by type. Shoes... I don't know what exactly decent means in this context, but wear something nice and comfy with soles that don't skid on ice and snow, Skirt in a ski resort... oer, no. It won't go with the anti-skid shoes or, you may end up having a slightly more embarrasing fall (and I'm not talking about falling on the slopes )

hatsoff Fri 18-Feb-05 16:06:38

I'm quite chuffed actually - I;ve spent teh last 12 odd years with a choice between full-on 20-year old walking boots or the embarassing fall option. but today i treated myself to a lovely pair of Timberlands. They were kids' as well so about half price!

Chandra Fri 18-Feb-05 16:07:52

\Timberlands are perfect!

Chandra Fri 18-Feb-05 16:10:22

Though probably you should not be trusting my ideas about dressing, I'm the stereotypical falling down type so, I might be a bit biased...

Sponge Fri 18-Feb-05 16:12:08

Definitely no skirt.
In fact very few clothes at all as you only wear them for a few hours in the evening after you've showered/bathed post skiing so everthing will go two or three wears.

hatsoff Fri 18-Feb-05 16:29:01

I know I know and in days gone by I just used to take tracky bottoms and t-shirts that I would then wear for ski-ing the next day. But am going with effortlessly trendy type (she's my friend's wife really, as opposed to my friend iyswim) who looks good in EVERYTHING. No doubt she's got some very trendy tracky bottoms. Don't know why I was even contemplating skirt. well I do, it's cos I've just bought a nice one. But it defintiely doesn;t go with the timberlands. skirt stays at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now