Talk

Advanced search

recommendation for a good spa for late pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
theyoungvisiter Wed 27-Aug-08 09:58:46

Hooray - my lovely sister wants to take me on a spa weekend before I give birth!

So I need to find a spa hotel which offers a good programme for pregnant women - I will be 7-8 months when we go.

Any suggestions? I live in London and would like to get out into the country, but don't want to spend all weekend driving, so sort of home counties/South East?

theyoungvisiter Wed 27-Aug-08 13:05:45

hopeful bump?

TeriHatchetJob Wed 27-Aug-08 13:11:10

Champneys are bliss. They have a few around the country and a website. There were lots of pregnant ladies there each time I've been and there is no better place to fully chill and be pampered.

ladyhelen2 Wed 27-Aug-08 13:19:11

Calcot Manor in the Cotswolds. Its a hotel with a day spa attached. They do some lovely pregnant lady treatments, and the hotel is fab. Really nice rooms and fab food. Or you could leave it till you have had the baby as they have on site creche too!

saladsucks Wed 27-Aug-08 13:21:26

I've just booked the Chapel Spa in Cheltenham and their pre-natal package looks lovely and includes lunch (very important to me!).

If you google "pregnancy spa" there are loads that come up.

theyoungvisiter Wed 27-Aug-08 13:46:07

ooo thank you, I shall sneak off and do some research.

I did try googling pregnancy spa but the problem is I'm not convinced all of them actually offer a good pregnancy package - some of them seem to lure you in with the marketing and then only offer pedicures. And one or two I wasn't convinced they actually knew their stuff - they expected you to lie on your back during massage and stuff.

But i knew mumsnetters would be knowledgeable about good places to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now