Talk

Advanced search

Center parcs in Netherlands so cheap!

(22 Posts)
dippysgirls Mon 25-Aug-08 20:11:16

Well, compared to their British counterparts anyway. We have just booked a deluxe 3 bed villa for a week at one of the Centerparcs in The Netherlands for £570 - May half term next year. Have just checked Centerparcs in the UK and the equivalent would be £1600! Just wanted to spread the word.

brimfull Mon 25-Aug-08 20:32:25

wow that's a huge difference

do they have the same school holidays?

Flier Mon 25-Aug-08 20:33:06

yes, but you have travel to pay.

SqueakyPop Mon 25-Aug-08 20:33:46

We have been to Kempervennen and thought it was great. The drive was not outrageous, either.

SqueakyPop Mon 25-Aug-08 20:34:29

Channel tunnel is £50 - £100 return.

Flier Mon 25-Aug-08 20:38:04

dippysgirls, did you get a brochure? I tried to get one last year but couldn't

ShittyCatsLawyer Mon 25-Aug-08 20:39:06

all those GIANTdutch women though in lurid colours

LackaDAISYcal Mon 25-Aug-08 20:45:04

We went to De Vossemerren in Belgium last October hols. Would have cost £1400 in UK for the cheapest villa. We paid 1000 Euros for an executive villa with sauna and bread delivered to our door daily. The return ferry journey from hull cost £300 so all in it was only about £1000 and we had the overnight ferry as a couple of extra days holiday and it was much more of an adventure for the DCs than driving the same distance to any of the UK CPs.

We wont pay the over inflated UK prices ever again.

flier, we booked it online/over the phone (the credit card bit wasn't accepting UK cards but I think they have that sorted now)

Flier Mon 25-Aug-08 20:51:14

thanks DAISY.

dippysgirls Mon 25-Aug-08 20:59:01

Didn't get a brochure. Just went for it and booked it on-line.

No school hols in May for the dutch.

Lurid women obviously a worry, but MIL should give them a run for their money.

Flier Mon 25-Aug-08 21:02:46

have now ordered a brochure.

mumwhereareyou Mon 25-Aug-08 22:00:32

I've just booked a 3 bed deluxe villa for this oct halfterm at a cost of £225.00 and ferry for £54.00 return, can't believe how cheap it is.

Looked at the prices for Uk and wanted £1100 for comfort plus, can't understand why.

We didn't think we would be able to afford anything this year. Am going to Lohurst if anybody has been before can offer any tips.

MmeLindt Mon 25-Aug-08 22:08:28

My top tip for Centerparcs in Holland/Germany: If you are not looking for a particular date, then the last minute deals can be brilliant.

Our best deal was a weekend in Germany, 5 bed house for ?50! Ok, we booked on Thursday and went on Friday so it was real last minute.

Another time we went to Loohorst in Holland, a week for ?150 for a 6 bed house.

NotAnOtter Mon 25-Aug-08 22:11:44

wow any liinks to centreparks holland?

Mdme**Lindt links to your german house? (seriously!)

MmeLindt Mon 25-Aug-08 22:13:24

Centerparc Last minute offers

Mumwhereareyou
We have been to Loohorst. It is not as WOW as some of the bigger fancier parks from what I have heard from friends, but it is always a good bit cheaper. It was lovely though, the houses were nice. The swimming pool is great for little ones, up to about 10yo. I think that older DCs might find it a bit boring, there is only one waterslide. Depends on what they are used to.

They did a lot of activities with the DCs, mostly in Dutch but that did not bother our DCs.

What age are your DCs?

mumwhereareyou Mon 25-Aug-08 22:20:09

Our three are 7,5 and 3 and will only be interested in the swimming pool, eldest might try activities, our middly has SN and so long as he can get in the pool, he will be happy.

We lived in Germany for 8 years so not worried about language problems, like expermienting with food and so DH will be happy if we can buy a crate of coke and beer as he so misses being able to do that here in UK.

Am getting excited just thinking about, have hired bikes for us as well.

Has anybody tried Landal Greenparks as they seem to be very cheap as well.

NotAnOtter Mon 25-Aug-08 22:21:10

thankyou for link

where do you go to look for german or dutch houses then?

MmeLindt Mon 25-Aug-08 22:22:38

Centerparc Germany

For some reason I can only get that in German. As soon as I switch to English, I can only see the Dutch/Belgian ones.

The cheapest holidays were, as I said, ?50 for a weekend in Heilbachsee. And ?150 for a week in Loohorst. They were off season though, in April and December.

Heilbachsee is similar to Loohorst, great for young childen/primary school age. The pool there is not quite as nice as Loohorst but adequate.

Both parks have other activities, our DCs loved the crazy golf. You can hire bikes in both parks, although Loohorst would be better for that as it is flat flat flat in Holland

For driving over, Loohorst is about 2 hours from Amsterdam, add on another 2-3 hours to get to Heilbachsee.

Heilbachsee is about 20min drive from the Nurburgring racing track, in case you need to persuade DH.

MmeLindt Mon 25-Aug-08 22:26:59

That is euros not ?. I forgot that MN does not do Euro signs

Mummywhereareyou
Loohorst will be great for your DC then, it is not huge so easy to get around. There was not much around about Loohorst, just a tiny wee town. I could not even find a supermarket. It would be well worth your while bringing as much groceries as you can squeeze into your car as the shop on site will be quite expensive for you due to the exchange rate.

NotAnOtter Mon 25-Aug-08 22:48:32

thankyou for link although i am unable to register for some reason

looks good though

mumwhereareyou Tue 26-Aug-08 07:03:21

Mme Lindt, thanks for that was planning on bringing a lot of food over, but notice that kitchen only has a microwave so will have to see what i can find.

I don't have a microwave here as never use it.

Yes the exchange rate is pretty poor at the moment still thats life.

MmeLindt Tue 26-Aug-08 12:29:10

Mumwhereareyou
I cooked a couple of things and took them with us, things that could be heated up in the pot like stew, curry and soup. It is a pain that they do not have an oven. You can borrow a BBQ, afair, so you could always bring some burgers and sausages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now